We’ve replaced the internal SSL library to mbedTls, and the
http.request() can now work with a lot more secure sites, including Playfab
In the 1.2.162 Release, we moved from using
mbedTls for supporting https requests towards sites with more modern handshakes. I very much suspect this change to be the cause of this issue.
It is always unfortunate when we happen to break some functionality that has worked previously.
But sometimes it happens, and we’re sorry about that.
In this instance, it was a feature we didn’t know the library had, and we didn’t have a test for it (since it came with the library). Also, it is the reason it wasn’t specifically documented.
I can agree that we can do better in terms of communication, and with the new release process we hope to be able to, with the help of our power users, test a new BETA release’s features before they get published.
As for a proper fix, we’ll look into it, but I currently have no ETA.
As for a workaround, you can try to send via HTTP instead (if possible).