Introduce yourself

Is it fair to say this is the busiest the forums have ever been? It’s great to see so many new faces.

4 Likes

Someone posted Defold to a facebook group earlier this week that’s where I heard about this. That could be where this fresh interest is coming from. I am quite excited about how busy and on-point this forum is.

4 Likes

What group was that? I’d like to check it out!

Defold just went almost open source so that’s how most/all the new people got here and most likely what made that someone post it in your group.

Anyway, welcome, hope you like it here, no matter where you came from!

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! So glad Defold community is growing! Check out the amazing tutorials for Defold: :wink:

4 Likes

Hello, new guy here. I’ve been trying defold for a couple of weeks and stalking the forums intensively, I just didn’t have much to say yet. Now I do; i think i’ve found a bug, so i’ll just go pester people there…

8 Likes

Hi! I just picked up defold, apparently I tried it 2 years ago and never really did anything with it (based on my forum account, a year old now lol). Since then I’ve programmed a lot, completed two rounds of #100daysofcode on twitter and learned a lot of java and javascript. My passion has always been to make games. It’s the reason i started learning programming in the first place, so I decided to give defold another go. Looking forward to learning to use it this time around. I intend to do a round 3 of #100daysofcode with it :smiley:

9 Likes

Welcome @drewM!

Looking forward to seeing your creations!

4 Likes

Thanks! really looking forward to learning all I can about defold and Lua. As much as lua seems to be used in game development, I’m surprised there’s not that much in the way of learning materials. I did pick up the Lua book that was recommended on the defold site, so I’ll use that and hopefully learn while making some small games :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome, @drewM! Drop us a Twitter handle or use #Defold or #MadeWithDefold, so we could check this out :wink:

5 Likes

Hi guys
I’m Navid Torabi from Shiraz. my main field is electronics, so most of my experience is about microcontrollers and embedded programming ( 8051, avr, pic, arm, arduino … ), robotics, some industrial controllers and plcs, image processing, lighting and etc. my first programming experince was basic language when i was 10 years old using Amiga 500 ( I’m 34 now ) - I have lot of projects in this fields, maybe I’m good in electronic stuff but in game developing I’m a noob :smiley: It’s less than 2 years i have started to learn how to make games seriously with my brother , I have started using game maker and GML first, We have published one game using it ( in persian android app store), after that i started to learn unity and node js, we have published Yahtzee online ( in persian language again) using unity and nodejs and I’m still working on it for new updates. I was looking for a good tools to make html5 games as I don’t like unity webgl builds for html5 games. I started to learn phaser but phaser was not the right thing i was looking for, recently i found Defold in twitter and I thought maybe it’s good choice for html5 games too. after about one week with defold I think it was good choice to start learning defold and finding these nice guys.
It’s nice to take time with you :+1: Love You All :grinning:

14 Likes

Welcome Navid!

Yay! The impact Commodore (and Atari) for that matter have had on a whole generation is amazing! I grew up with the C64 and a long line of Amigas.

We should look into support for RTL text in gui text nodes and label components.

3 Likes

cool, I still have my Amiga 500, I’m not sure if it still works but i have it. two button mouse with those noisy button, talaagh talaagh, some one pushes mouse button on kitchen some one else says who is working with amiga? from bathroom :grinning:
I had Atari 7800 and atari 2600 too, those days was realy cool.

yesterday i was searching on my telegram persian groups to see if someone else use defold from my country, i found a person who was comparing defold and construct and Godot and his problem with defold was about persian support. It was not new post ( those days which defold was not open source ) but it’s his problem anyway. lot of people in my country use unity, thats because lot of things are available for persian in unity. however i didn’t want defold to make games in persian but i know one of the first thing that my country developers look for is support for RTL text and persian gui features. maybe I can do some usefull thing about it if i get more familiar with defold and lua

4 Likes

hello im teenager that recently found out about defold. I hope forum will help me and i hope i might be able to help others on forum in the future

7 Likes

HI @slimebor, and welcome to Defold!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @slimebor! :slight_smile:

Hi, welcome slimebor
You can introduce yourself here and look for others too :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome!

The forum is a great place, everyone is so nice and helpful!

Feel free to create a post if you need anything :smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m nakina! I’ve dabbled with game development off and on over the years mostly with various versions of rpg maker. A few days ago I was watching videos by GameFromScratch on youtube and discovered the Defold game engine. When I heard that it was recently made open source I decided to download it and start experimenting. I made a simple game called The Wooter that I put up on itch.io and joined the #madewithdefold game jam and now here I am on the forum.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Nakina4!

2 Likes