Introduce yourself

Welcome @jjleemans I hope to find what you search here in defold , ah yes i believe too defold is promising . Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome @jjleemans!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Alex! I’m a hobbyist who likes trying to throw stuff together for game jams sometimes and making other little projects. I’ve dabbled in GameMaker, RPG Maker (mostly MV), and PICO-8, and I recently decided to give Defold a try.

8 Likes

Welcome @vMetronome!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Shawn and I’m currently doing a few tutorials and thinking Defold might be the one for me. I have been watching its progress over the last few years and it seems pretty perfect for my needs. I’m bound to ask a load of stupid questions so please forgive me in advance!

9 Likes

Welcome @Sah! Look forward to seeing your creations.

4 Likes

Welcome @vMetronome and @Sah i hope you find in defold that you wish, as for stupid questions never exist such ones, only questions exist here and many people eager in our community to help :smiley:. Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome @Sah!

Don’t worry! We’re here to help in case you get stuck!

2 Likes

My name is Walter Macfarland and I live in Tucson, Arizona. What about you guys?

3 Likes

@Epitaph64 I merged your post with this one.

3 Likes

I’m José Naves and I’m from Brazil. Currently, I’m living in Sweden. I’ve started programming in the 80’s because I wanted to create games. However, I never did it. I’ve worked as a software engineer going through desktop apps, server side apps, and now mobile apps. I’m going after my teenager dream since I discover Defold.

Regards,
José

12 Likes

Hi José! What kind of game would you like to create?

1 Like

Hi Björn ! I’m a big fan of classics - my first console was Atari 2600. I’d like to create simple and very addictive games like those ones we got in the 80’s (8bit, retro, etc).

Some inspiration: H.E.R.O., Time Pilot, Pitfall, Frogger, Galaga.

8 Likes

Great games (although I must confess that I’ve never played Time Pilot). My fav on your list is probably HERO.

1 Like

Hello! I am John Krasovich. I am new here and wanted to find useful information for my team and myself.

Hope you are all doing great!

10 Likes

Bumping this thread. :ghost:

Please introduce yourself if you have not already, even if you’ve been here for a while. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

More than two years using Defold, so long I don’t remember if I have already introduced myself…

I am from Italy. Background in math, published some Nintendo DS games. Working on Jack Redrum (https://twitter.com/annamar_ia) out on Switch this (2021!) Spring.

10 Likes

Hi! I’m Amanda
I just recently started with Defold and it looks really good!
I will ask on the forum if I have any problem!
And hi to you @britzl, you look really good on Defold!

10 Likes

This entire time I thought I’ve already introduced myself turned out to be that I haven’t… (I was thinking about the wrong topic, haha)

I’m from America. I plan on turning this video game developing hobby of mine into a career, and have been thinking about and jotting down ideas for ever (a very long time!). Developing games was a childhood dream, one I had since I was in kindergarten. I’m sticking to it.

6 Likes

:blush: