HTML5 Build no color

So here’s the newest build HTML problem. After cleaning up other blockers it loads but none of my GUI primitives are displaying. Each primitive as seen in the Editor native Build is made up of 1 bit components I tint with gui.set_color calls. I load the background image at runtime (which right now doesn’t load in the html5 which I suspect is a more precise path issue) but the other components are just GUI components spawned at runtime and tinted. Nothing is showing up except text…

Editor Build on left, Build HTML5 is on the right.

Does this mean your images are in a weird format? I’ve seen some issues reported with pngs with abnormal bit depths. You could try testing it with different textures to see if your images are the issue.

The orange rounded rectangles are 1bit pngs loaded into a texture atlas… I can look at them more but shouldn’t having made them part of the atlas vs. runtime loads ensured against that?

Also getting these errors. The 5 at the bottom are related to trying to load the background image and I think it’s a paths issue but I can turn that off. Still getting the others. Not sure if related.

It probably should, yeah, but there seems to be a bug: Black instead of transparent (DEF-3339), Tilemap layers merging on web? (SOLVED). It doesn’t come up very often and is easily worked around, so it wouldn’t be a high priority to fix.

Hmm, I’m not familiar with the WebGL error. Are you using the default built-in materials?

So far as I know on the materials.

The color depth on the source PNGs for the texture atlas that the GUI primitives draw from is 8 vs. 32 could that be it?

Yes. I haven’t actually had the issue myself, but that’s what people reported in the two threads I linked.

sigh… will look into this…

After all this what I’ve discovered is for some reason the problem is a background container GUI element is not staying in the far background for the HTML5 build. Deleting it “fixed” it – so now trying to understand why layering that works in the editor native build doesn’t work in the HTML5 bundle build.

I can take a look if you have a project to share.

Do you load the files from disk and then set them in gui?

You have an error on your screenshot UILoadBackgroundImage.

I think this issue is related to Loading files from disk

I’ll clean it up hopefully soon and share… going to fix the bundle/io/load resource issue first. Thanks!

1 Like