Black instead of transparent (DEF-3339)

Hey!

I’ve never used Defold before, I’m just giving it a test and wanted to ask if there’s a fix for this. Is it the browser or something wrong in the settings? There also appears to be some other weirdness going on. Sorry if this is the wrong category!

Happens on both Chrome and Firefox

EDIT: Happens when bundled with windows as well, but not when you just build it. And with further testing, games also appear to run extremely slow on browser, and this is not the only sample project that does this black instead of transparent thing.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hmm, @sicher, @sven ideas?

Does it happen if you bundle to Windows as well?

Tried it and it seems to happen there as well, so im guessing its not the browser then. Just building it doesn’t do it.

I am having the same problem.

Post the tileset png here. It’s probably an issue with the mode. Try setting it to 16bit if it’s not already.

1 Like

alienworld_tileset
The one that is giving me issues is this one. How does one set the “mode”. Is that done in the defold editor?

1 Like

Can’t seem to find a way to change it to 16, but 32 works perfectly. Thank you :slight_smile:

Try this @michaelcurtis96
badb45fa5f8b4b1a9cff6dada99a941e86f722b2

3 Likes

Confirmed. Saving the .png as 32bit fixes it

2 Likes

Our tools should take care of this. I’ll create a ticket on Monday.

3 Likes

This is already in Jira. See Samples not working correctly in browser (DEF-3339)

3 Likes