Facebook and Ads

Hi! I’m wondering how it’s going with Facebook implementation (I saw that the new KING game had it) and if you know when you are going to implement Ads?

Best Regards

2 Likes

Facebook is out and ready to use. Check out http://www.defold.com/ref/facebook

Ad support is in the backlog. Maybe @Ingela_Garneij can give an estimated time?

3 Likes

Ads are in the backlog, and are in a Requirement Analysis phase, so it is today difficult to give an ETA

1 Like

Can you give estimate for Ads?

I would love some kind of estimation, please!

It is very hard to estimate, since the analysis is done outside of the Defold team. But it is at least a couple of months away. Sorry

:frowning: :frowning:

I LOVE THIS ENGINE, but if i can’t show ads I will use corona sdk or love2d for my android projects

Please adds this option as soon as possible.

Pd: Sorry for my english

2 Likes

Any updates on this topic?

@Ingela_Garneij should be able to provide you with an updated estimate once everyone is back from x-mas and New Years celebrations.

I also think the question is rather vague and warrants some further details. What kind of ads are we talking about here? A specific ad network?

Here is eCPM comparison of major ad networks AdMob, AdColony, Revmob, Inmobi, Applovin and Chartboost. There is geo breakdown, so you can check in all countrys:
Mobile Ad Networks Interstitial eCPM Report - by AdTapsy

I´m using AdMob in some other apps at the moment. Would be nice if you add support for it in Defold.

4 Likes

AdMob ads would be a great start in order to provide basic ad support. It would be pretty nice.

2 Likes

Yes, just start with AdMob. +1

3 Likes

AdMob, Chartboost, Vungle for incentive video-ads etc

3 Likes

any news about it ??

No, not yet I’m afraid. The whole Defold team has taken some well deserved vacation during x-mas and new years. The full team is back on Monday. I’ve sent a group e-mail to the team and I hope that we can get back to you with some specifics and a timeline during next week.

2 Likes

Any update for the ads?

I’m sorry for the delay. The question is more complex than it seems. On the one hand we do want to support ad networks, on the other hand we don’t want to bloat the binary for games that don’t use ads, and if we provide several different versions of the engine then we get into problems with more regression testing, a more complex build system and so on. And we have to really do our due diligence when it comes to picking the right ad network as well. @Ingela_Garneij and @ChristianM might be able to provide more details.

How big is a game binary if you included ads? If 10-20% it is more than welcome to be included in the engine. There are so many freemium games that have both ads and iap and get very robust revenue stream from ads (50-80% of total revenue). And ads will add an option for dev to do free games with ads (no iap at all). So, ads is one keypoint to help indie dev survive…

Like everyone said here just start with Admob for Banner and Interstitial Ads. Then add one or two Video Ads I recommend Unity Ads and Vungle.

Any update on this topic? We really like this engine in my team and we are making free games, but without the ad-support it’s not possible for us to continue building with this lovely engine…

Any hint when this could be included? Is it within a month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year?

1 Like