Can't open project (SOLVED)

Might have something to do with packages, by just looking at the error message? http://askubuntu.com/questions/453124/gtk-message-and-warnings-in-ubuntu-14-04

The last error indicates that something else already is registered to handle .gui files. Check if that is something you can set in your window manager.

the package already installed, still no luck

Do you have some other program that opens .gui files when double-clicking them? If so, try to remove that configuration.

i don’t know, i never open file with that extension

Do you have several instances of the editor running? Try rebooting or kill stale processes?

Did you manage to get the editor to work properly?

Are you running Linux 32 or 64 bit? I’ve tried to run the editor on a 64 bit system and get similar errors you get. Unfortunately we don’t support 64 bit Linux at the moment, but I will talk to the team about it and see if it can be added.

yes, its 64bit
i’ll wait then :smile:

It doesn’t open a project with Ubuntu 14.04 x64 :

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
ERROR: Resource type for extension ‘gui’ already registred (com.dynamo.cr.guied.resourcetypes.gui)

You guys should make it more obvious in the Download button that’s is only for x32 bit Linux. Rather letting people search through FAQ and Forum.

Thanks. We’ll do that…

Edit: Changed the text on the download link.

Hi,

So I cannot run this even on plus 5 y.o. pc’s (running already 64 bit)?
Most other dev software even requires 64 bit.
When will this be working on 64 bit Linux and how can I help?
I am very surprised.
I did not see it mentioned at download time.
I will also wait for support for it.
Thank you.

Greetings,
Vincent

Hi,

The only thing stopping me from trying Defold is that it wont run on 64bit Ubuntu. Is there an eta for a 64bit linux version?

G.

I’ve asked for any update on this from the rest of the team. Hopefully we’ll be able to provide more info next week when the entire team is back again.

If everything goes according to plan 64 bit Linux support will come in 1.2.75 that will be released on the 22nd of February.

1 Like

Hello.

I see 1.2.75 is out. Is it 64bit Linux compatible?

1 Like

Ping @Ingela_Garneij

According to the release notes the feature didn’t make it into the release. Hopefully it will be included in the next release.

Yes! Our priorities change fast, so we cannot be so exact in our ETA dates. BUT, we are working on it as of today so it will come in our next release. Thanks for your understanding!

1 Like

I’m hoping this is still prioritized for the next release. Is there an ETA for that release?

In the meantime, though,

1 Like