VSync and Defold

Hi all.

I have problem with refresh speed in project if vsync off in video card drivers. If vsync disabled in video card drivers - project work slow, but if vsync enabled in video card drivers project work good. Can you add option for enable/disable vsync from Defold, not from video card drivers.

Thank you

PS: If I right found info in GLFW vsync configurated by function glfwSwapInterval

3 Likes

Addition info - on other PC contrariwise all work very fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a constantly recurring topic that I believe we need to look into. @sven, @Mathias_Westerdahl, @andreas.tadic and @Johan_Beck-Noren

2 Likes

Any info about my question?

1 Like

@Johan_Beck-Noren is actually looking into this issue at the moment. I can’t say when it will be fixed or land in stable, but there is a good chance it will arrive soon since we are looking into it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.

If needed I can test any build or add any need info about problem.

1 Like

News?

Hello @tarnumius,

We are looking into this issue as we speak, with the design done and implementation underway.

In the meantime have you tried enabled variable_dt in game.project? This should for example make the game update at the correct rate even when v-sync is disabled.

4 Likes

Thank you for answer!

variable_dt was enabled on first developing day :slight_smile: I can make video with enabled variable_dt and disable/enable vsync in drivers.

3 Likes

Hi guys.

I see you implemented Vsync fixes. How use it?

If you’re referring to the latest release notes, the Vsync fix was mentioned under “Work in Progress”.

1 Like

Frame throttling

We’re also making sure the engine respects the “update_frequency” setting while still using VSync.
This will remove the issue of having the game run too fast.

Hmm I think it mean problem with vsync resolved :frowning:

As @ross.grams mentioned, it was listed under “Work in progress”. That means things that are being worked on, but are not yet finished.

1 Like

Sorry i not right read. Wait )