Void Scrappers - top-down space horde survival shooter

I saw a lot of YouTube videos with people enjoying it! Keeping my fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers::blush:

4 Likes

Great! Looking forward to it :slight_smile: Any switch release on the horizon?

2 Likes

As soon as the dust settles on the launch I’ll begin working on the Switch version!

8 Likes

Void Scrappers is OUT NOW! :rocket: :boom:

When a game gets 10 reviews, it gets a score on Steam:

Before, it looks like this:

Reaching 10 reviews has two effects:

1. Psychologically, users feel more secure in the quality of the game
  2. The Steam algorithm really begins pushing the game

The summary is: Getting to 10 reviews fast is crucial for success. If anyone here buys the game (:heart: ) then leaving a review as soon as possible will be incredibly helpful. Really hoping to get to 10 a few hours after release. Thanks - and get scrapping!

16 Likes

Finally I did it. Steam didn’t let me write a review until I open up the game twice or maybe it is related to game play time…

3 Likes

Yes, you definitely need to log some playtime before you can leave a review. Thanks so much for playing and reviewing!

And, you know, making the game possible… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Playing on Linux right now! :heart:

3 Likes

It’s a very fun game to play, I enjoy it a lot! I’ve left a review on Steam as well!

Congratulations on releasing your game! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks so much @amel , I really appreciate it! Thank you for the review as well, that will really help.

2 Likes

We’ve hit 10 reviews! Thanks everyone that contributed. Very early still but looks like launch is doing great.

9 Likes

Is Restart button after death cancelling the progress? I think no, but it subconsciously says so :smiley: I always click Main Menu and start New Game

1 Like

Progress should be saved, I haven’t heard anything about “Restart” being unsafe!

Sometimes it crashes on new game, but that doesn’t affect saves because save file is triggered on game over.

1 Like

That was just my prejudice perhaps - something like “Next run”/“Next game” would make me 100% sure everything will be saved - from a gamer perspective :smiley: Yeah, I managed to see it few times force quit without any warning, when I clicked a New Game :confused:

Do you have any info about these crashes? Engine error?

Think I have it fixed now. Looks like it was user error - can you believe it?

(By user error I mean it was my fault. I am the user error.)

9 Likes

Great game! My congratulation on the release!

First attempt :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Dragosha! Well done on the first attempt, threat 24 :muscle:

I think I can leave a review after “few” hours of a great playtime: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:flushed:

Thank you so much, @Pawel !

Where do you find the time for everything?! You’re a machine.

4 Likes

Loving the game so far!
Not sure if this is relevant but I’ve noticed an error log being produced with the following error repeated many times:

1 Like