Unofficial Defold Game Jam #2

Wow, amazed by everyone’s progress! :exploding_head: I’ve been busy all weekend with irl stuff, looks like I’m out of the jam sadly. But I have a few hours tomorrow morning on the train, might try to wrap up my mock-up in photoshop at least. :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Last 3 hours, I have 8 simple levels for now, but also have a bug that blocks me from getting to the main screen after game over :confused:

3 Likes

My entry is shaping up quite nicely!

Stuff like “main menu” or “game over” is still pretty much luxury for me, though, in case I have some spare time =P

3 Likes

I’m still dealing with levels… I’m going to miss the deadline :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Last 30 minutes. I’m scrambling to create a game over screen and publish the game, probably just in time. And that’s when I ran into a serious problem. My kitten really really wants to cuddle.

I may have to do a late submission =P

3 Likes

Ups… I did it again :smiley:

10 levels
1 welcome screen
1 target - flood the Defold logo
1 source of “raining” water
x bombs per each level
up to 1000 self-drying fluid particles
unbreachable stones
and some thoughts about condition of water sources nowadays :sweat_smile:

P.S. When I get the project cleaned up I will post it on github to make it open-source :wink:
__
P.S.2 I checked it on a mobile phone browser and it works :wink:

8 Likes

I’m finished! Bundling now…

…wait. Damn.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Goodbye socks :grinning:

4 Likes

And T-Shirt :grinning:

3 Likes

Well, here it is:

There’s a lot missing and the gameplay itself hasn’t been really tested much.

Also it’s probably pretty incomprehensible. I’ll write some instructions in a little while, but right now I need break. I hope I can qualify for a late submission.

Also, yay! This is my first ever game release, not to mention a Jam entry. I feel proud =D

7 Likes

Congrats @Klear! I got what this game was about, though the description on itch page would be nice :wink:

2 Likes

It’s up, including all the ideas I had to scrap to (not quite) make the deadline.

By the way, the best thing about the game ended up not being even used in the code whatsoever - I wrote a simple script to change the player’s name into a form more fitting of an unspeakable evil. You can find it here. Just add it to any project, require it and call it with M.elderize(string).

Normally the issue with these things is that you have to make sure that the result is pronounceable. In this case it’s a plus!

3 Likes

Time for my entry :sunglasses:

1 Like

here it is :slight_smile:

I m a bit late for the submission, but wonder if late submissions are still accepted :wink:
EDIT : found out - Don’t click the rate button :smile:
EDIT 2 :Fixed it

7 Likes

Wow, @TheKing0x9 aka Cybercrap Studios, a really complete game, even with a shop :smiley: runs pretty slowly, though :confused: Might be an refreshing rate issue? (I have 120 Hz screen)

@ross.grams I checked out your game, interesting idea with the alien :smiley: it’s great you have got time for including local multiplayer :smiley:

It’s a pity that none of the Defold gang members couldn’t submit a game :frowning: Next time, there should be more time, I guess.

3 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a game! I look forward to playing them next week!

I failed miserably due to lack of focus and travel and jetlag. I started one thing with the aim to do something with joints:

Was fun to play around with but it never became anything really playable. On the plane back home today I decided to try RenderCam and play with something in 3D using Kenney’s 1-bit tiles:

12 Likes

It remainds me of something… Yes, I found it - Carrion :nauseated_face: It would be great to see how you made something similar with joints :star_struck: I hope you’ll be able to complete it, I’m keeping my fingers! :smiley:

I know it is too late but here is mine: https://selimanac.itch.io/human-trials
I’ll update the page tomorrow. Good night everyone :sleeping:

4 Likes

I bit off way more than i could chew, haha, so I’ve way overshot the deadline. BUT for me the whole point of the jam is to get inspired and get working on something, and now i have a pretty cool medium-to-long term project on the go, and am learning lots!

At some point in the near future when it has reached a playable stage I will link up a demo around here.

Tonight/tomorrow morning i will play all the entries, they look good!

4 Likes