[solved] Debug crash

Hello, I want to try Defold for my new project, but when I press F5 to debug the window will appear and disappear within 1 sec. and got this error.

My current PC specs
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
AMD 6600XT
32GB RAM

tried fresh install Windows but I still got this error.
I don’t even get this problem on my old laptop.

Thank you, and apologize in advance if I use harsh word or impolite phrases, English is not my 1st language.

Hi! Great!

It’s actually not a debug window. It’s a native build of of your game (with some debugging capabilities enabled) :slight_smile:

Does it happen for all projects or just one?

I hate to ask, but is there perhaps a driver update?

No need. Perfect post!

I have the same GPU, and everything is fine.
What driver version have you installed? I mean Radeon Software Adrenalin.

I updated Radeon driver to the lastest one. Updated windows and all the drivers on this pc.

I find it really strange that even I reinstall Windows I still got this problem. :sob:

2 Likes

It would be great if you could test this version to see if an upcoming bugfix would help you?

1 Like

Do you use MSI Afterburner? Its overlay conflicts with lots of software and, particularly, with Defold games.

2 Likes

Sadly, no. still got the same problem.

THIS TOTALLY HELP!
I just close Afterburner and RTSS and now it works perfectly!

Still leave a question for me that my old laptop also has Afterburner but still worked. But thank you very very much, this is the first time I ask question in game dev community and wow, I’m really appreciate how much help I got here. :grinning:

6 Likes