Playable Ads made with Defold? For Facebook Ads?

What a shame, playable ads can be very efficient (judging by your own benchmark :slight_smile: ).

I’ll try to fix it then. Any pointer about where the error could come from?

I added info to the README to point that I didn’t update the project for the newest Defold versions.

To fix it you should update html5/engine_template.html + the code in the gulpfile.js.

Updated 2021/07/01:
For the newcomers: look at the new topic about this asset.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between building using the IDE and your GULP script?
Building and bundling with Defold IDE, I obtain a folder, which is ~3.5MB compressed, which seems like it could work for a Facebook Playable Ads (requirements are <5MB zip containing all files).

Am I missing something?

2 Likes

This gulp script was able to package a game into a single HTML file. It’s the requirement for “Playable HTML5 Asset”, and, also, the size shouldn’t be more than 2MB. It was the only option two years ago.

I would love to know your results for a playable ad in a zip file format!

P.S. IronSource still requires a single HTML file, but the file limit is 5MB.

2 Likes

For Facebook, I see they’re accepting 5MB zip file.

So I guess we shouldn’t need to compress everything into one file anymore.

For Facebook, yes. For other networks take a look at the table: https://docs.lunalabs.io/docs/playable/ad-networks/overview

1 Like

Very useful link, thanks.

Any intuition about what could have broken your project starting with Defold 1.2.169? The changelog doesn’t seem to have anything related to htlm5 (except the IE compatbility…).

There were lots of changes: an upgrade to Emscripten 2.0.11, a new file loader etc.

Okay, I’ll upgrade the project to the latest Defold today/tomorrow and make new topic on the forum for this asset. In fact, it’ll require 1.2.184 beta because of the new .defignore feature.

5 Likes

Done!

8 Likes

Amazing! Thanks a lot, it now works great!
Will start working on playable ads thanks to your work.

3 Likes