This toolset simplifies building your game into a single HTML file. All you need is to invoke a single command: gulp.
In fact, it’s a script for the Gulp build system, which:
bob.jarand uses it to build the project for the HTML5 platform.
- Combines, compresses (Zstd), encodes (base64), minifies all resources into a single HTML file. Currently, it includes the only Asm.js version of a game for that (not WASM).
Open the build result online to see that it’s a single HTML file, and it doesn’t use any external resources as required. And it fits into the 2MB size.
Take a look at how to install it and use it. And share your results!
A playable ad is an interactive advertisement, mostly used to promote mobile games. A playable ad acts as a demo of the game (or product), allowing users to quickly play the game directly in the ad before downloading it.
Accepted sizes for HTML5 playable ad vary between ad networks (overview table). Usually, the main requirement for your ad is to be a single HTML file, 2-5MB in size.
- Use the Defold App Manifest generator to keep only the necessary parts of the engine.
- Keep only the core mechanic of your game and all assets that it requires.
- Toy with the
Compress Archiveoption. Zstd, used by this tool, compresses plain data better than a compressed LZ4 stream.
- Install the latest version of the Zstd executable (i.e. Zstd 1.5.0 has better compression than Zstd 1.4.x).
- Contribute to this project and help to find new ways to do better: encode/decode binaries into/from text, compression, or even build the Defold engine with the