#MadeWithDefold Jam

My Jam plans where thwarted by life :laughing:, but I wanted (and still do, sometime when I get time) to do two things:

1. Integrate RtMIDI for midi I/O on all the platforms that support it (including iOS).
  2. Write/steal a module to read MIDI files which I can then feed to RtMIDI and play a prerecorded tune.
6 Likes

No worries, @dapetcu21, we know you are really busy now and appreciate everything you did up to this point! :wink:

Last day of the jam! Now, I’m a little bit stressed! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I’ve just realized what I have to do to make my game work and… it kinda involves throwing out most of my code and starting from scratch =)

Good thing I work well under pressure.

7 Likes

Just think of it as an 8 hour game jam that starts right now!

8 Likes

Ok, here is my submission! :partying_face:

DEFILM - a tool for making animations easier: :movie_camera:

It is not completed, there is no import and export options still :frowning: However you can tinker with it, the whole project with source code is uploaded there :white_check_mark:

The list of features and todo list is on the attached itch page :wink:

Congratulations to all the current participants and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you guys!

15 Likes

Kalispera sas dear defolders after @Denis_Makhortov mention to me about my sphinxes = sfigges in greek that the collision was not ok, I fix the bug by put three individual smaller boxes as collision and not one big. good that I manage to fix on time before the deadline :sweat_smile:. thanks for mention it @Denis_Makhortov

4 Likes

So I haven’t even done half of it.
It was not that easy to switch from one game engine to another due to the difference in approach to game development. And I didn’t have much time because of work but as I planned I submit the game as it is.
Source code - https://bitbucket.org/strash/mechasnake-defold/

6 Likes

@Strash I download I press to play I ate the first ball but never came out second or sth else , I know is not finished but does this supposed to happen? can you see if is a bug to quick fix? also I would love to see your game finished !!! be well and thanks

3 Likes

Have not been using Defold for a long time but found the Jam a couple of days ago and got interested to try Defold again have now submitted my game.
Source code

9 Likes

Alright. I posted what I have so far.

At this point it is only 1 screen that repeats, instead of multiple awesome random variations, which i will add later. And there is no real scoring system, which relies on treasure collectables which are not yet implemented :blush:

7 Likes

@ryanscottlandry we would love to see the game finished !!! be well, thanks

1 Like

40 mins and counting !!! After what happens dont know :smile:

1 Like

…and submitted. Everything is very prototype-y with not much polish, but there are four levels which hopefully illustrate what kind of game this wants to be. I’ll try to finish the game at some point in the future.

Edit: Forgot to link it.

Game
Source code

6 Likes

oh right. here’s my journey from having no ideas (a vertical runner, i guess…) to discovering Defluid in the 2nd week:

6 Likes

Bloody brilliant.

@Elpidoforos_Gkikas this is not a bug, that’s all I managed to do. I have a working version of the game, but it was made on a different engine and for a different jam that ended a week ago. You can download it here. Thank you!

1 Like

ah ok @Strash I hope you finish the version of defold too I will download it for sure

too bad you didnt finish in time is very nice and goes after very fast :sweat_smile:

very nice thanks for sharing

2 Likes

@Elpidoforos_Gkikas at 9 tier it will becomes even more fun. I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

i become all gold :crazy_face:

:blush::blush::blush: was going really fast

%CE%A3%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%B3%CE%BC%CE%B9%CF%8C%CF%84%CF%85%CF%80%CE%BF%20%CE%BF%CE%B8%CF%8C%CE%BD%CE%B7%CF%82%20(429)

thanks

1 Like