#MadeWithDefold Jam

If later I want to publish this game a better version do I have to put the code in Git ?
does have somewhere to be only for the defolders and not for others?
has git one option says private
thanks

You can put the upgraded version that you work on after the jam in another GitHub repository, and keep that private if you wish.

Yes you can make a GitHub repository private.

Add a license file stating how the code can be used:

https://docs.github.com/en/github/building-a-strong-community/adding-a-license-to-a-repository

2 Likes

Great job @Elpidoforos_Gkikas! :wink:

I was working today for a little bit on my tool, resolved the problem that was (obviously now) regarding moving the table instead of deep copying it. Now, flip-book animations are supported (though you need to type name of an animation for now) and I can add and save events to the table, and then click “Play” to play all the animations in the proper order :wink: :movie_camera:

:four: days left! :spiral_calendar:

8 Likes

I’ve been taking little screengrab videos every day or 2 to show game progress to a couple interested coworkers. Plan on editing them together when I’m “done” (in 4 days…) And upload a link here. Figured it might be interesting, especially to n00bs like myself, to see the ideas form and things coming together. It can be pretty intimidating and disheartening starting out with a ghost of an idea, putting a day’s work in, and then seeing only a colored block move around in a black void…

4 Likes

thanks a lot , because couldnot make work the highscore with sys.save which in pc playing but in html5 needs many things which surely do not know how, when I read them, so I spend the night to put defsave which I didnt want it because in newssim I was trying four days, but a miracle happen and only in 1 night I manage used defsave and make the game to save the highscore in html5 too. So now player who insert his name at start now gets a highscore when finish the game.

I wanted put some coins to spawn in some places but anyway drachmai has no value as all now use euro or dollar :smile: !!! but is in future plans , and if I putted all i wanted, maybe game not be at Jam.
Another thing bec seems I am noob the collision of tiles is not at tilemap as this I saw at @benjames171 game that you can add group of collision there. So me instead I have collisions as different objects above the tiles :smile: . Thats why for start tilemap of platforms not changes. Thanks all for the support

3 Likes

sorry @Pawel I do not want to discourage you but to tell you the truth what you do I didnt understand , does this do a combination of anim? because from photo you put I could nt tell what does exactly. But the valley you made is nice I can tell. Can you explain more what does, and how works maybe other devs when see understands but me a noob not, sorry again and thanks

You must know what it is, you used it for flying wings of Pegasus probably :smiley:

1 Like

a you mean the anim that does the animate , and we put at atlas as sprites for every frame, yes this I know terminology do not ask I have my names :smile: and also I posted to you at 5.30 or 6 of morning a bit sleepy also . So no brain to understand. Ok thanks @Pawel for your explanation

1 Like

I just started porting my game to Defold today. And I’m worried a little because I’m not gonna finish by the deadline. But now I’m just enjoying the process. :relieved:

And how are you doing?

8 Likes

@Pawel Your cutscene maker is looking cool! I have a similar tool from an old JS engine that I’m planning to port over to Defold, but I have to get better at Defold first :sweat_smile:

@Strash That art is really slick! Is it a mashup of Nokia Snake and a typing game?

2 Likes

if you put a part of it, even if not finish? just to have your entry in? I hope you manage finish in time , thanks

3 Likes

Thanks @ced! Not really. It’s almost like a classic snake but it doesn’t increase in length. Instead it changes the level of each key. In fact, the game is ready. First, I made it for My First Game Jam with Godot. Now I’m transferring it to Defold to participate in this game jam.

3 Likes

@Elpidoforos_Gkikas thanks!
Yeah, I’ll submit my game anyway, even if I can’t finish it.

5 Likes

I spent way too long getting the basic gameplay to work, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to finish on time.

I’m working on some simple graphics now, and if I don’t run into any more problems, I should just about have something playable by the time deadline comes, though experience tells me I’ll almost certainly run into something. We’ll see.

6 Likes

You can do it! We believe in you!

5 Likes

Just submit what you have up to this point! :smiley: There are still almost 2 days, take it as a challenge, guys! :ballot_box_with_check:

6 Likes

Yeah submit what you have, just to see them in the jam, but until deadline maybe you finish them too,
thanks I wish to all the best

1 Like

As usual im up against the deadline, haha. I’ve got about 4 more useful hours left before 5pm tomorrow, and about 12 hours worth of work to do. 100% i will submit what i have, but it will unfortunately be buggy. I spent way too much time trying to avoid using a* and hacking together other “easier” solutions, none of which were actually easier, and none of which worked :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions (and a relaxing weekend)

4 Likes

@dapetcu21 i only just noticed this post now.

What type of MIDI implementation are you thinking of doing? I grossly hacked together a network/MIDI control interface a year or so ago for an A&H Qu series mixer (https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/qu-series/) just kind of on a lark. I work indirectly for A&H in the US (from Canada) and a lot of people complain constantly about no win/mac app to control the Qu mixers. I built a minimal one basically just to see if i could (never finished it, but everything I implemented worked…).

I would be super interested in seeing anything MIDI related in Defold.

3 Likes