#MadeWithDefold Jam

The #MadeWithDefold Jam starts tomorrow! And I added a stretch goal: :ballot_box_with_check:

35 participants and I will add 2 games to the pool of prizes: Fahrenheit and World of Goo ! :gift:

2 Likes

Why is the jam not showing up in the Jam calendar on itch.io? Is the jam private?

https://itch.io/jams

1 Like

I don’t know, is this something to be added manualy? Here are options:

what is a stretch goal? sorry I am asking just never been to a jam. :smile: thanks

1 Like

It’s not only regarding jams, I’d say it’s rather “kickstarter-like” thing :smiley: Just when 35 people will join the jam I will add one game to each pool of games :wink:

1 Like

AFAIK, jams are manually reviewed on itch before being added to the calendar. You might want to let admin know and ask them to add it.

4 Likes

I sent them an email :wink:

2 Likes

My game is going to involve transitting through pipes. So there’s that.

3 Likes

My game is going to involve something from ancient greece . Thanks

2 Likes

Ok, here’s a first mockup of what I’m thinking to do - DEFILM - a cutscene editor!

Thanks to Kenney’s assets and @britzl’s Gooey it was really quick to set up a basic GUI. I modified of course Gooey, to have a horizontal timeline - I will polish it after or during the Jam and create a pull request :wink:

13 Likes

Gonna try working in 3D this time. Learning Defold’s 3D and Blender, I guess this jam will be a great learning process. Here’s a prototype I managed to model in Blender and get it running in Defold.

But I am not sure yet if I will make this the final game. Let’s see…!

defold3d-2

Good luck everyone!

16 Likes

Amazing @Bill! Looking so smooth! :wink:

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

kind of miss the categories in itch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I thought I added two categories - Games and Assets :frowning: I can’t edit the Jam page anymore, so please forgive me, it is a first Jam I’m hosting, so still learning. We will separate projects on those two categories anyway and will get the ranks sorted among them :wink:

all right !

My itch page is ready ==> https://guycorp.itch.io/rotate-ring-endless-game

juste have few things to fix, and everything is not compatible with HTML5 build
Promo video will be ready soon (maybe on monday)

5 Likes

Thanks Pawel. I guess all Defold games will be within the theme as Defold just runs so smooth :smile:

5 Likes

Well made game! Nice!

4 Likes

Great entry @Guycorp! Fun and smooth!

@Bill I wanted theme to be as much generic as possible, only for people to enjoy the jam :wink: in future we can make a more challenging, narrower jam with more restrictions :+1:

4 Likes

thanks! review on play store appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Done !

1 Like