#MadeWithDefold Jam 2023

@pawel I got the same issue with missing files:

ERROR example/objects/backroom.go:0 the component '/assets/trees/backroom.model' can't be found
ERROR example/objects/deadtree1.go:0 the component '/assets/trees/deadtree1.model' can't be found
1 Like

We have a PR awaiting review now for that extreme loading time for large collada models.

5 Likes

There could be a warning or so that model has extreme values of polygons? (though I’m not professional and I should have checked it before :sweat_smile: )

Well, that’s very subjective, and we wouldn’t know what you think is ok for your project and target hardware.

2 Likes

Ok, now it bundles in few seconds! Thank you so much guys, new commits coming! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day3 : Collision took a bit more focus than I had thought. Tried to grid the playfield into a tilesource and use the auto generated collision shapes , turned out that larger the tile the less accurate and the smaller tiles still didn’t give me satisfactory results ( bumpy lumpy lines).

AR_PF_TilesourceBumpylumpcollision

So I went with convex hull which turned out to be 78 .convexshape files and works well. However I will have to come back to this after the jam as it could be optimized as there are tri’s that will not receive collision and I should come up with a better way to generate the vertices in a more accurate way.

It works well and thats what counts so now I can move on to trying to nail the dynamic physics for a fast heavy feeling responsive pinball , fingers crossed.

13 Likes

I have weird behavior I never noticed before, but I must have done something in my project that is causing it - currently I can’t run (build from Editor) my project, because the Editor closes abruptly without any error/crash. There is a .log file in Defold’s binary location, maybe something from here should point out the problem?

hs_err_pid11667.zip (35.3 KB)

I’m assuming you’re not using the beta?
By looking at the log, it’s the model loader that asserts.

In the beta we have more robust handling when the model fails to load.
Could you try the beta?

1 Like

I added few new models, so maybe. I’m trying to revert one by one, but didn’t yet found it. I’ll try the beta :wink:

EDIT: It works in beta 1.4.6 @Mathias_Westerdahl :wink:

3 Likes

Day 4: Improved respawning system and reduced polys (this time actually, because previously I… I didn’t apply Decimate modifier in Blender… :sweat_smile:). I also cut out highest branches of the models, because there were too many branches already and players will rarely look up anyway, not worth the polygons, it has to be running on my poor machine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

https://twitter.com/pawel_developer/status/1656712436207042581

I would really love to spend some time on trying to add the shadows, it would surely make this waay better, but I can’t comprehend it as of now yet :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Make my own map in trenchbroom. It was hard at start but when i understand how it worked and remember hotkey it is very cool.
Infinity is ready:)
When i move previous floors are removed and new floors added.

9 Likes

I really feel like stretching the engine, but I guess it’s out of my lack of knowledge :sweat_smile:

I have a crash that appears after some time of gameplay (Linux, 1.4.6 beta):

_crash.zip (1.0 KB)

Day 5 and paper sheets to collect are there (+ further optimizations!)

Callstack from the attached crash:

/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x67fdf5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x14420) [0x7f933d906420]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0xcb) [0x7f933d3ef00b]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x12b) [0x7f933d3ce859]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x22729) [0x7f933d3ce729]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x33fd6) [0x7f933d3dffd6]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x67038b]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x45ad90]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x669558]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x458c93]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x42ea6f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x452e16]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x42ea6f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x414891]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x414ec5]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x41148f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x4113f5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3) [0x7f933d3d0083]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x41123e]

It looks like this is a crash from a release build. Can you either share debug symbols or share a crash from a debug build?

Today added mobile input and a fixed flashlight on mobile. This weekend should be productive, there are a lot of things to do:)

Multitouch worked good on android build. And mobile chrome. But mobile firefox have problems(can’t move and rotate camera at same time) :frowning:

8 Likes

Last day and few hours!

Added sounds, few more models and a lot of scripts for handling it all! :smiley:

11 Likes

Okay, the Infinity Gameplay for me is… documentation.
So, here a several articles I did for community:

I wanted to publish it with the next Druid release, but lack of time and Druid update will be later.

Made for Defold Jam 2023 :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Missed all week, I think. But made the auto-tiling algorithm yesterday. I hope to have time to improve the generation, add snapping, merging and some visual audio effects.

Along the way I also tried a new code editor - Zed, very pleased with it. Some things are still missing, such as language settings for custom file extensions (*.script and etc.), but I’m sure it will come soon.

8 Likes

Finish Infinity Stairs game.:sunglasses:
You can play.Also source code is available:
Play
Sources

11 Likes

It was interesting. First time use trenchbroom. Liked it.
Game small, you can finish it in 2-3 minutes:)

2 Likes