Made With Defold Jam 2024

I think mine is ready too. Go baby goo :smiley:

Please consider this as a Vulkan and new pipeline test project. I know this buggy and badly crafted thing isn’t good for benchmarks, but at least we can find some Vulkan issues.

Go ahead and download it.
Let’s check out how Vulkan works on different platforms together. Also please do share so many people can test it.
Please report any Vulkan-related issues so we can share them with the Defold team.

Ah! It is also fun to play for a short period of time :smiley:

Gameplay:

Few notes:

• All shaders are using new pipeline and they had zero optimization.
  • It has 2 pass for pixalate and 1 for shadow
  • No physics engine included. Just basic aabb and seperation
  • Don’t worry, it works fine with OpenGL at web even on 12 years old i7-2 core macbook air with stupid intel gpu unless go for fullscreen.

EDIT:
Also uploaded different builds for Win32 if anyone wants to compare.

10 Likes

Final update (I think) for my entry, Tiny Truck Racing.

This was super fun to make and I had some helpful feedback from a few people which was included in some updates. Given the positive response so far, I plan to expand the game in the future – lots of possibilites like different vehicle types, dirt tracks, night races etc.

13 Likes

Please, please upload the mac arm build. I really want to play but also hate to play in browser.

1 Like

Ok, done! Let me know if it works as I have no way to test it myself.

2 Likes

Thank you. Unfortunately I can’t run it. I think this is for x86_64. I’ll glad if you can upload arm64 build.Or you can select both(universal) and build it.
If this is already a universal build then there is something wrong going on.

Last 4 hours! Take your time to submit a game and test it on itch :smiley:

Yeah it’s universal build so I’m stumpted.

EDIT: uploaded the macOS arm64 only build. Maybe that will work.

Binary file size is 0.
My games download files are not working either. Looks like itch.io made up something to these files. Is your exe working when you download it from itch?

Yes, this is definitely itch.io’s doing. None of the submissions mac os files are working.

Weird. Files are downloading okay here on Windows.

Is window version working when you download it?

Nope. This is not definitely on our side. Itch.io made something to these files. Or I have a problem which I don’t know.
Could someone else please try to download from one of these submissions and try to run it on mac os?

2 Likes

Yes, it works as normal.

1 Like

My friend who has a Mac says that the games work for him. He is still on an intel based system tho.

1 Like

Thank you, then I got a problem with certificates or gatekeeper.
edit: I think we have to notarized the mac apps, cause they quarantined by default

1 Like

Thank you so much for participating! :heart::heart::heart: Congratulations to everyone who managed to submit a game! :star_struck::tada::tada::tada:

8 Likes

Tiny truck racing and Perfect+1 work smoothly on the itchio site, under Brave / Linux.
Lets Bounce don’t work (I’m stuck in some sort on green cage).

The mouse cursor gets captured in the viewport in Linux, 1 pixel movement seems to rotate it 360 degrees or something. It’s with more 3d games I noticed. It works fine on my Windows machine.

Uploaded the notarized version for MacOS users.

MadeWithDefold Jam 2024 was a BIG success thanks to YOU! :heart:

You submitted over 30 amazing games, many of them in 3D, many of them being your first games ever released!

I’m playing now all of them and are amazed by your creativity! Results will be shared on Monday! :spiral_calendar:

11 Likes