Made With Defold Jam 2024

The theme of the #MadeWithDefoldJam 2024 will be announced here, on my Twitter, Defold Discord, Unfolding Gamedev YT channel and itch page of the jam at midnight (CEST), so very, very soon! :hourglass:

What’s your plan for the jam? :wink:

9 Likes

Little racing game with cute sprite stacked cars. Hopefully the theme fits!

6 Likes

The theme for the #MadeWithDefoldJam 2024 is:

"ONE TOO MANY"

It can be interpreted as “Ooops, one too many!”, one additional feature that affects the game, something overflown, overpowered, exaggereted. Players might face situations where having “one too many” of something leads to unexpected consequences, e.g. taking “one too many” items might slow/affect/change the character. ​​The player might be tasked with balancing items, elements or forces, and adding one too many could disrupt the balance. The narrative could involve a protagonist who indulges in one too many of something. “One too many” could refer to an overpopulated world where resources are e.g. scarce, could explore themes of consumerism and excess. I believe there are many, many possible ideas and probably even… one too many! ^^

We’re counting on your imagination! :wink:

P.S. The announcement video is recorded from a project #MadeWithDefold by @selimanac!

P.S.2. The image below is from what the idea was born! :smiley:

19 Likes

Great theme! It can be interpreted in so many ways. I’m excited to see what everyone will be building!

4 Likes

Link to the event:

4 Likes

Today’s meeting is on Google Meet (exceptionally), join now!
:point_down:

meet.google.com/eiq-tqfm-jez

P.S. It’s recorded, if you can’t attend :wink:

4 Likes

Tiny computer controlled trucks are rolling!

19 Likes

Trucks are low poly 3D right? or are you using other technic?
looks great by the way

5 Likes

Sprite stacking, actually. Quite limited really but fun to work with.

7 Likes

I have now working Deferred Lighting in Defold! :partying_face:

14 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

One and only Defold and Poki Q&A! :hear_no_evil:

:spiral_calendar:Save the date!

30. August 2024 - 3:00 PM (GMT+2)
2024-08-30T13:00:00Z

:link: Link to the event:

4 Likes

Make gameplay. No!:worried:
Make an editor. Yes!:star_struck:

14 Likes

Time Trial mode is suprisingly addictive! There will also be sprint race and tournament mode over 5 tracks so far.

14 Likes

@benjames171 What kind of magic are you using for skid marks?
what are the ingredients; mesh, particles, sprites… and recipe? :smiley:
They look beautiful

3 Likes

Thanks! They’re just sprites - lots of them lined up behind the car stored in a rolling buffer that reuses the oldest one first. Sometimes you can see the skidmarks disappearing as you create new ones!

6 Likes

Hi!

We start in two hours! There will be questions with answers from Poki and Defold teams, Defold will present results of the Community Poll!

Today - 15:00 GMT +2

Join us:

6 Likes

Per request of community on Discord - we’re extending the jamming period!
I hope, now all of you will manage to submit your awesome creations!

Soooo Happy Defolding!

11 Likes

Thanks for one more day. This helped me:)

Upload a prototype. It need more polishing and content and balance to became a real game. But it work :smiley:

Unfortunately, I had less time than expected, and the tasks for the game turned out to be more extensive than I had think.

10 Likes

I would have liked to participate this year. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t have had enough time, because at the level I’m at, I need to learn everything I wanted to do.

3 Likes