Made With Defold Jam 2024

Hello!

Now, traditionally annual community #MadeWithDefold game jam is about to happen again this year! :partying_face:

The site is under construction now, as I plan some surprises this year, but as of now the jam is planned to start in August (15.08 - 15.09) and will be a month-long jam with very loose rules (main one is to use Defold or make something for Defold of course) and prizes and there will be additional challenge with additional prizes, something like a Compo, but week-long, with a theme restriction :wink:

Make your plans, share the word and let’s make something awesome! :heart:

23 Likes

I’m preparing for the upcoming Made With Defold Jam 2024 and I’m looking for more people willing to make some “GDC-like” talks about gamedev at an online event in August! :wink:

HMU if you’re interested! It’s always a nice experience!

2 Likes

Leave your vote please:

https://twitter.com/pawel_developer/status/1812469468183867668

1 Like

If this is important to your jam, you should consider adding the poll to the forums (or using solely the forums rather than Twitter), because I believe your target audience is more likely to see and vote here. Also, we’re only able to vote on Twitter if we have an account there.

3 Likes

Yes, you are right, I just wanted to have all votes in one place, but perhaps it’s better to have morę options if someone doesn’t have a account there.

• Themed Classic Jam - 15.08 - 22.08 at the beginning of Fun Jam
  • Themed Classic Jam - 08.09-15.09 at the end of Fun Jam

0 voters

As people advised on Discord - perhaps it’s a good idea to not split the jam into two parts and instead consolidate it into one two-week long jam? What do you think about it? Do you still prefer a freedom of choice with a twofold structure or would you like to get back to classic jam approach? Or do you have a different idea?

• Like announced, split the jam in two (Month long freestyle + week long themed)
  • Consolidate them into one (themed (but not required to fit it) two-week long)
  • Other - please, comment

0 voters

My vote would be consolidated, but required to match the theme.

4 Likes

Yeh the 2 week but with theme would be a better fit.

1 Like

This is not an official Jam, I know, but it would be wise to pin this post to top of the forum until the Jam completes. Since this is the only important social event of the year related to Defold, could @britzl please consider this.

@Pawel has spending lots of time and effort on this, as far as I know, there are many talented designers working with Defold. Maybe some of you might consider designing the Jam logo, itch.io page, social media post images to help Pawel and make it shiny!? :blush:
Let’s collaborate!?

6 Likes

Good point! I’ve pinned it globally.

8 Likes

Thank you! Any help is vastly appreciated! :heart:

Btw, by the results of the poll, I resigned of splitting it into two parts. It will be now a classic 2-week long jam with a theme announced at the beginning, no need to make it more complex. I’m also still waiting for confirmations on some other presentations (beside the two announced already), so keep your fingers crossed and perhaps it will be very interesting to join and hang out together, so I really hope the attendance will be high, I’m counting on you, guys! :heart_eyes:

Just have fun defolding! :wink:

6 Likes

There is a possibility to have a meetup and Q&A with Poki team during the jam period! :heart:

They are going to Gamesom. I personally think it’s reasonable to do it after Gamescom, but if some of you are planning to go there, they are willing to do a meetup before to meet you and eventually continue talking there in person! :grin: Let me know if this is you and you would like to!

If not, we will make it after Gamescom and for this - please prepare questions you would like to ask them upfront, eventually post them here :blush:

1 Like

Defold is also going to Gamescom. We would love to meet any Defolders there!

3 Likes