Look Your Loot aka Hamster

Dear lord. That’s quite the write up.
Nice research

4 Likes

I’ll probably not get to the promised corrections of the Czech version just yet as I’ve been busy lately, but I noticed there’s this. Is that up to date? That should speed the process up significantly.

In the meantime, some more notes:

• When browsing the leaderboards there is a significant delay before the scores get shown which prevents you from changing the screen - which sucks when you want to find a specific leaderboard, as there’s quite a bit of them now. Unless there’s a better solution, I’d add a small pause (0,5 second?) before the leaderboard starts to load that would give the player a chance to tap the arrow again.

• Make it clear that the class leaderboards are for the 3x3 game more. I guess older players know that 3x3 is the core game mode, but for a newcommer it doesn’t look like something special.

• Is there any particular reason why newly bought items are not automatically equipped once bought? I can’t think of a reason why I’d buy something and not want to put it on immediately.

• I’ve seen the Assassin throw a dagger diagonally after a move preceded by the use of the Shift Mask, though I haven’t been able to reproduce it, so there might be more to it.

• On rare occasion moving away from a Pyromancer didn’t result in a dagger throw by the Assassin, but it usually does, so I’m not sure what was the exact cause here either.

• End of turn consistency. This will be longer: there are multiple things are expected to happen at the end of each turn/move/action, for example poison damage, health regeneration (and decay), trap state change, boss abilities, barrel decay, assassin dagger throw etc. The problem is that not all of these are triggered by the same actions. Breaking open a barrel, moving to a different tile, using an item, opening a chest each trigger different actions. There should be more consistency. I’ve been playing the game for a while now and I’m still often not sure what’s going to happen (or not) if I take an action. It creates a bit of fake difficulty - you could of course make a spreadsheet and note what actions trigger what actions, but it would be best if you could tell what’s going to happen at a glance.
    I expect that the rules are actually relatively logical on the inside, but as a player it just confuses me.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s actual text doc. I’ve found changes in Czech version, will add it in next update (waiting for “Bug fixes and improvements” section here: Defold roadmap H1-2019 - Q1 summary). Thanks!

About other improvements, I have no plans for doing gameplay/mechanics/UI updates in LyL 1, have plans for technical updates only. I supported LyL more than one year, it was fun, but I guess, a life cycle of this game is over. All my mind is focused on new prototypes. Btw, thank you for the your research!

1 Like

So do you think you need me checking the Czech version out? It really is no bother for me. In case you’re ready to make the changes and I still haven’t gotten to it, let me know. I’ll jump right at it.

About other improvements, I have no plans for doing gameplay/mechanics/UI updates in LyL 1, have plans for technical updates only.

I see you’re calling it LyL 1. I’m guessing that means any feedback might still be relevant for LyL 2?

2 Likes

It happened. I have a new phone.
And sadly Google Play cloud save is still not available :confused:

So, just to be clear.
There’s no way (other than Facebook) to get my save data to my new phone ?
The Android\data\com.dragosha.hamster\files - folder is empty.

@Dragosha
Is it please possible for the game to write our save file to that location ?
So to Android\data\com.dragosha.hamster\files

The game Meteorfall does this too. So we can easily transfer our save-file to a new device.
I found this solution here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Meteorfall/comments/8572x0/progress_transfer/

Hi @Dragosha, congratulations for your game! I’m also a regular player. Installed it on my phone since last year and I install it everywhere I want to see how Defold behave.

Yesterday Installed it on this “leelbox q2 pro android 6.0 TV box” and looks like running in low motion, the frame rate look smooth but all the animations are like half speed: See video

2 Likes

Though it’s of course not intended to play on such device, the problem might be the issue with monitor’s refresh rate

Can you test other projects on the device with profiler enabled? Should make a new thread maybe.

1 Like

I’ll do soon.

Does this “box” have a browser? Just for test purpose try to run http://dragosha.com/hamster/

also another prototypes:
http://dragosha.com/tales/
http://dragosha.com/slasher/

1 Like

Google Play ANR rate and a curve of installs:
2019-07-01_16-53-19

ANRs before last update: ~0.5%
Now: ~0.15%

7 Likes

About 2 years ago I started this topic. So, good time to check some results:

lyl-stats

14 Likes

Hey.
Did you remove the EXIT button ?
I can’t even exit with the back button. I need to force close.

Yes, I’ve removed it in previous release for ANR reducing resone, see this Look Your Loot aka Hamster post. In the last update I didn’t added exit button again. It should works correct now (1.2.158 Defold), but I don’t want to do experiments in production app when got an organic traffic from store.

3 Likes

Love the new enemy type, freaked me out when I first saw it. There’s a couple of issues with them, though.

• If you are standing next to a dormant one and your health is less than the attack of all surrounding enemies, the game goes dark, even though switching places with the dormant guy is safe.
  • Druid spell “Claw” doesn’t really affect them, as they keep regenerating, but they keep the debuff forever. If you go down to one health, the die from it though. I think they should be immune to this effect instead.
  • Switching places with one doesn’t count as a turn without health loss for druid’s regeneration, though that’s consistent with switching places with items when inventory is full.

There might be more, I think I forgot something.

Edit: I remember the last thing now:

• When switching places with one, the others change state. Say there are two dormant ones on board. If you swap places with one, the other one will end up dormant again after the swap.
2 Likes

Whaaaa !!
Thank you so much for the Google Cloud Save feature !!
:pray:t2::blush:

2 Likes

There are a lots of improvements within a new game update.

• long tap for a card descriptions
  • new hero - Archer
  • new game mode - puzzle
  • card’s collection
  • and elastic scroll panel for achievement based on “dirtylarry” scrolls, wanted to fix this about two years :muscle:

10 Likes

You mean “updates” :smiley: some of the features you listed I’ve already seen :stuck_out_tongue: nevertheless, all of them are awesome! :wink:

1 Like

Aaaaand Google Cloud Save feature is gone again ??
What the hell ? Why ?

?

3 Likes