Introduce yourself

Hello!

I’m Chris,
I joined the Defold forum a few days back. I’ll be helping out fixing bugs and implementing features on the engine side. Currently, I am also managing a website that allows you to download mod games for Android. I want to share it here. Hope this doesn’t violate forum rules. Glad to have been here.

5 Likes

Hi Chris!

Sounds great! Anything in particular you’d like to look into?

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I have been using Defold for at least 3 weeks and recently joined the forums. This is my first EVER game engine so I am not that good but I know the basics of coding. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @Awe5ome ! Please ask as many questions as you want, either here or on Discord!

How did you hear about Defold?

My Computer Science teacher, who was talking about game engines.

4 Likes

Cool! I like your teacher! Which country by the way?

England

1 Like

Hi - my name is Ben. I’ve been a hobbyist game developer for over 20 years and used all sorts of engines and released dozens of games. Most recently I’ve been using Phaser, which I love, but it’s web only and making games work for mobile/ desktop/ console is a pain so I thought I would give Defold a go.

6 Likes

Welcome Ben! Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck! And we would very much appreciate if you could share some thoughts on Defold once you’ve used it for a while.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m enjoying it so far. I really like the collection factory and how collections are self contained elements. I also like the messaging system since it works similar to custom events in JavaScript which I use quite a bit in app development (I am a web developer professionally).

The main thing I find confusing at the moment is the url/ path system for referring to other objects.

I’m still very much in the discovery phase though. I keep finding new things to try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, this is one of the more complicated parts to learn in Defold, but once you start to understand it it becomes a really nice way of decoupling systems.

2 Likes

Welcome Ben! Awesome to see you in the forums. Look forward to seeing your gamez.

2 Likes

Hey Nic. Thought I should say hello since I was going to start asking for help :grin:

Maybe eventually I’ll be able to contribute as well.

The game is coming on nicely. I’ll send you a link to test when I get a bit further. Might need some gameplay feedback.

2 Likes

Hello all member,

forgot to intoduce my self. I’m Reza from indonesia and a hobby game developer.

I had created some game and lunch on mostly on web platform.

3 Likes

Welcome @reopucino ! Please share links to your games here or on Discord if you wish to promote them.

1 Like

Hello,

I am a aspiring game programmer who is using Defold as the first engine
I actually understand and can use decently, and I am currently stuck on how collection factories work!

6 Likes

Welcome @zTech ! Please ask any questions you may have here on the forum or on Discord!

Hello everyone, I’m Andrea from Italy and I’m a freelance translator who also does localizations. I’m native in Italian and I’ve been speaking English for about 10 years.
I love translating games from English to Italian and make them more enjoyable to this country’s audience (since English is a bad weakspot for italian people) because, in my opinion, the more people can enjoy your game, the better the results are.
I really hope to help people out into this field.
Nice to meet all of you.

Have a wonderful day,

A

11 Likes

Hi there,

My name is Brigitte, I love photography and playing around with code. I am semi-retired and have a lot of time on my hands that I like to use to write some simple apps that combine my two hobbies. Having experimented with various engines, I found Defold and I really like it. Thanks to everyone involved in making it!

I have browsed this site for quite a while now and found it extremely helpful when I bumped into problems. Yours is a really friendly forum, so I dared to take the step and sign up to ask some newbie questions and learn from you all. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to help others, too.

Greetings from the south of Germany, a small town in Bavaria

Brigitte

14 Likes

Hello Andrea!

Hello Brigitte!

Welcome to the both of you to the Defold forum!

1 Like