GLFW version of desktop target?

Is it 2 or 3 or later?

With Editor 2, will it be possible to edit these parts of the engine more easily? I’ve worked with GLFW before, and there are some improvements Defold needs in regards to GLFW that I could do.

1 Like

I think we use a modified version of GLFW 2. It’s not impossible that it could be extended when we finally open up for extendability, but I can’t promise at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue: Any specific stuff you are missing?

Main things I need to publish desktop build on Steam (steamworks not required). I want to publish StarOde on there is a 100% free game when it’s ready.

• Switch to and from fullscreen mode with scripting
  • Pick native screen resolution in fullscreen, ability to pick resolution mode with scripting - right now lowest possible default res is picked
  • Ability to change window size with scripting - this way I can make it easy for users to pick 1x, 2x, 3x mode for window which is important for pixel art games - and block users from schrinking the screen below 1:1 pixel size
  • Show mouse / hide mouse for using software mouse cursor
  • Correct icon used to make exes - currently the ico I have tested with was ignored - correct icon needs to be used in all places where icons are used including the window mode icon

The stuff I put in this zip will fix the icon problem in GLFW Windows build icon problem (DEF-1790) (SOLVED)
You could have us specify a .res file instead of an icon too

Would be nice

• Ability to use hardware icon cursors
  • Enable / disable window border
  • Ability to specify fullscreen monitor
  • Ability to toggle vsync?
  • Steamworks achievement / stats support
2 Likes

Love the feedback, here is a quick rundown from my perspective:

This has been fixed and will be released in next stable! :slight_smile:

Most of the following points are things we should implement in the engine:

But with the added possibility of extensions in the future, most of these could be solved by users as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like