Game mechanic

Hello everyone!

I am trying to make a mobile game mechanic, where player needs to touch the screen in the right time, when the arrow hits the green zone, but I struggle to find any information how to do it :smiley: I can’t even find how this mechanic is called. Please help and give some tips if you can :slight_smile: Thank you!

http://prntscr.com/moj6mw This is the example of what I am trying to make. The red arrow travels in the circle and the player needs to to time it in the green zone. :smiley: Sorry if its hard to understand what I drew and explained here :smiley:

I think this is the first part, to decide what “it” is.
Break it down into the different steps you want to do. E.g.:

• Show greenzone at random angle around center
  • Show arrow
  • Rotate arrow around center
  • Capture input
  • Handle input when arrow is in right place
  • etc…

Doing this allows to more easily search for information on each particular task.
And it will helps you to become more specific when you ask questions on the forum.

4 Likes

Sounds like the mechanic for Marginalia Hero: Marginalia hero — medieval one tap game

Ask in that thread perhaps?

2 Likes

It’s not so complicated, one core idea below it could be to create an object with a circle sprite and a collision object at the green place (also could be marked with sprite). Then create a rotating object concentric to the previous circle object with a collision object in the place of the arrow and rotate it unitl the input is detected. Then simply enable collision object (triggers are enough and at the beggining disable the arrow collision object) and check if it intersects the “green area” collision object - you will receive a trigger message. Everything is searchable on forum and in documentation so you could find it easily and what’s most valueable - learn it. Aand of course you can ask new questions - now more specific, regarding those elements :wink:

5 Likes

If you choose the approach by @Pawel, these two examples will point you in the right direction: Moving object, Trigger. Good luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes