Engine building error? (SOLVED)

All right, there’s something weird going on. First, when I built the platformer template project, I could see that all game systems, including following cameras, worked well except for the character sprite being invisible. And next, the Linker sample game works perfectly, strangely flawless. The last project I tried was the rpg sample project, which on the contrary, was character sprite moving around well but not showing the background.

I wonder if this is related to what @Pawel was seeing with some images in a texture not rendering properly on Windows?

2 Likes

I guess this phenomenon is pretty rare. Maybe it’s a problem with my computer or something… I can’t develop the game at all cuz of this problem. It’s frustrating and weird! :sob: But thank you for trying to help me constantly!

I agree, it could be! An only workaround I found out for this, is to use as few atlases as possible, ideally one :confused: It is happening across all projects on Windows and those same projects are working on HTML5 for example.

1 Like

omggg… should i rather give up?

Hello, here’s the new news! Almost discouraged, giving up on using this engine, I think I’ve got a clue. When I try to build a yellow background, only the black screen comes out right after the execution. But when I resized the window, I could see that it was definitely playing from some boundaries. Maybe is it a problem with the resolution?

1 Like

I checked that this happens when I build all the games. The background of the rpg sample is also not visible immediately after build, but when I resize window size, it reveals the background at certain boundaries. But we can’t always resize windows to play… I really want to know the cause of this problem. :joy:

1 Like

It is indeed a good find!
However, I don’t think I’ve seen this behavior before though, so I’m not sure what to think.

it reveals the background at certain boundaries

Do you mean that it becomes black again, even after resizing?

@Pawel is this happening to you as well when your resize the window?

That’s right. When I resize it, I can roughly see how much the window size has to be reduced to see the background. But if I adjust the size beyond that, it goes back to the black one again…

1 Like

OMG :joy: I think I found the perfect solution! But it’s a bit of a hassle… I tried to change the display resolution of my computer much lower.(cuz my game was built well on my second computer which is very old) The original recommended resolution was 19201080, but I changed it to 1366768. Now all the games are built up perfectly. It is questionable why this method works. It is cumbersome to change the resolution every time a game is built. But I think I put a lot of effort into getting here! I am deeply grateful to everyone who has helped me in the meantime.

3 Likes

Yet another interesting clue. I’m still not sure why this is the case, I’m sure many others have used that size of the screen before :thinking:

1 Like

this is so weird ;-;
glad you figure it out.

1 Like

As a workaround maybe you can use the DefOS extension to resize the window on startup?

1 Like

I’ll try!!! Thanks:) Btw I wonder what resolution everyone runs the defold engine on.

Defold should work on any resolution. But apparently in your case there is a bug preventing you from running Defold with certain resolutions.

1 Like

Could you please install this Intel software for driver updating and try to update your GPU driver to the latest version? Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

1 Like

Ok I’ll try this right away!! I can see two updates for mine.

1 Like

Omggggggggg :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: It works!!! I don’t know how to express this gratitude… For real…

2 Likes

I have the same problem, and updated everything but the problem still persists.