Delayed response on iPad Pro 2nd Generation

My game has been rejected by Apple for the third time today, citing a delayed response to input of up to 10 seconds, specifically on iOS 14 iPad Pro 2nd Generation.

This issue doesn’t seem to happen on other devices we have been able to test on, such as iPhone 5c, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone xR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro (4th Gen 12.9") and iPad (7th Gen).

Aside from buying the specific failing device, is there any other way of testing this? It seems that bundling to the Xcode simulator is currently not working and might not be an option for me because I’m using Gamekit? I’m using Defold v1.2.174.

Nice list of devices! :slight_smile:

Do they say when the delayed response happens? Could it be linked to some interaction with an extension?

I assume some of the other devices run iOS 14?

I know, right! We thought we had it covered.

The screenshots they’ve posted are of the tutorial, which means right after everything has loaded. Iaps, UnityAds or Facebook are initialised before the game starts, but I suppose either of those could be firing callbacks, loading ads etc that might cause a freeze/delay. If so, it’s strange that it only happens on that particular device. The next step might be to delay those things until after the tutorial, but that might cause a delay somewhere else.

Yeah, quite a few of them.

Are any of the iPads running iOS 14?

I actually think we have one. Charging it to check now.

I don’t have time to do extensive debugging but I can test the game on it if you want me to?

Yes, the 4th and 7th gen definitely are.

Thanks so much!

All I’m after is to be able to replicate it, so that would be wonderful! Ping me your Testflight email and I’ll hook you up.