Defold video channel

@gianmichele I’ve charmed @sven into making a video. Will pick a plugin (probably something about full screen effects) and will explain hows and whys.

Also, folks, If you have a particular thing (plugin, native extension, stuff on github or asset portal) for us to go through and explain how it was done - just tell us!

As for me - render script would be a good topic for some video.
Udited. Ah, I’m slowpoke, didn’t notice comment of gianmichele.

Next week we can shoot another video. Give us the topic to cover!

And here’s the requester render script video. Any feedback, please?

I suppose for future videos, avoid wireframe or thin-lined objects like your T-Shirt :grin:

EDIT: Now that I’ve viewed it in full-screen, there’s no problem. I had it minimized in the post, and it was very distracting, but it looks fine full-screen.

yeah, by multiple feedback the t-shirt is forever banned from starring in any videos.

I watched the render video finally. Thanks a lot everyone that was really helpful. Not sure what to suggest next. Maybe some tips and tricks you discovered along the way using defold/lua and the engine architecture? I guess organizing big projects helped discover a few :wink:

It’s so good, yours videos are gettin better’n’better!
BTW, Where Can I Buy this Awesome T-SHIRT :slight_smile:

time for the next video on Thursday. @sicher and I are to discuss more complex cases of addressing:

• talking to objects in different worlds/collections
  • talking to objects loaded by factories

anything else to cover on the addressing/message passing topic?

Also I am thinking about a particles related video for the next week. But feel free to talk me into a different topic.

we tried to come up with the generic project architecture video and failed magnificently. Since then we focus on specific topics rather than broad terms.

Here’s the Collection Factories video:

Next week:

• Live Updates video
  • Advanced addressing (URLs, talking back to sender, sockets)

You all are welcome to ask questions and suggest video topics.

Also we feel we’ve nailed the format of the videos. But any feedback is welcome - length, structure, complexity, etc.

Fun fact: 659 557 813 646 bytes is the size of the folder with the video sources.
Each devblog video has two video streams: 4K 100mbps camera stream and 1080p 12mbps screen capture + the external sound recording. Since there’s no timestamp, all three sources are matched using sound, and processed (graded, cut, levelled) in Adobe Premiere.

Also here’s a new playlist dedicated to games #MadeWithDefold
I will do my best to keep it updated with your games.