Defold Fetching Libraries Workaround

I am trying to use 4 libraries in Defold, ludobits,dirtylarry-master,platypus and the orthographic camera.
I sadly cannot use the fetch libraries feature because of my internet connection. I know I can download them as zips, do I simply need to drag and drop these into my game or are there other things I need to do to get them working as if they were fetched from the library?

Yea, you can download the repository ZIP file and copy-paste their library folder inside your game root folder.

For example for https://github.com/andsve/dirtylarry you should copy the dirtylarry folder to your game. (not the whole repository).

1 Like

Im a complete novice when it comes to this stuff, so I apologise in advance. Game root folder? Could you be more specific.

Place it nearby with your game.project file, it’s should be enough

1 Like

Ok, Im doing that but Im getting quite a few errors, one of them being
java.lang.ClassCastException: class internal.graph.error_values.ErrorValue cannot be cast to class clojure.lang.IFn (internal.graph.error_values.ErrorValue and clojure.lang.IFn are in unnamed module of loader ‘app’)
Can I just ignore them or do I need to do something?

Not sure about that, probably something going wrong on your previous fetch process. Try to delete .internal and build folder and re-build your project.

Ok well thank you for your response, but Ive posted another query as I can no longer access my game, which is a massive hinderance

Did you copy just the dirtylarry folder or the entire dirtylarry zip file with a game.project file and more?

I downloaded it, extracted the zip and slammed it into my project. Forgive me, i am a total novice at this stuff.

1 Like