The biggest change this sprint is that we’ve now moved the Spine from the engine itself, into
Apart from adding the dependency to the extension, there should be no other changes needed by the developer.
This is a big change, and we’ve worked many months to put all the pieces together.
If you encounter an issue with this release and your project, please let us know!
Use new path to the Spine material folder
/defold-spine/assets/ instead of
builtins/materials for all the spine models in your project.
Rive.app support - Beta Release!
This sprint we’re also officially releasing the first beta version of the extension-rive.
The actual rive implementation is also still under development, and there are still things to solve, but we feel it’s time for our users to be able to play around some more with it.
It supports playing regular animations, as well as statemachines and controlling the state machine inputs.
- The scenes generate a lot of draw calls. The Rive team is working on implementing mesh+texture support, which will remedy this.
- Some clipping and blending issues. Some scenes experience these issues, and we’re looking into this.
- The rive.material uses a separate material tag, due to the stencil ops (see rive.render_script for reference)
Since the available open source tools sometimes doesn’t work out of the box with the Apple software,
we have decided to use dedicated
macOS build servers for macOS/iOS builds for the time being.
As a Defold user, you don’t have to configure anything, our regular servers will redirect to the builds automatically, and your builds should work as usual.
Note however, that you might need to update your extensions, as they’re now building on a different OS with a different compiler.
E.g. extension-facebook (release 6.3.1) has had a build fix for this case.
If you run into an issue, check if you’re using the latest extension version, and if you do, ask us here in the forum for help.
sys.deserialize(buffer) (used internally in our
sys.save()) functions for the cases where the developer uses custom functions to store or retrieve data.
We’ve added a fix for our builds using bob.jar that optimizes memory usage (at runtime) for each component type by calculating the number of instances needed for each type (if not using factories).
This allows us to also optimzise the running performance for component types if the collection doesn’t contain the type at all.
Also, we’ve made some smaller typos and fixes in the documentation
We are now working on implemention a Spine extension that supports the official (latest) Spine runtime.
Issue-5843- Fixed: Disable component types that are not used in a collection
Issue-6031- Fixed: Increase debugger connect timeout from 2 to 10 seconds
Issue-6036- Fixed: NE: Added dmRender::EnableRenderObjectConstant + Disable to dmSDK
Issue-6049- Fixed: Expose Lua table serialization functions sys.serialize()/sys.deserialize()
Issue-6058- Fixed: Do not close the ssl socket twice
Issue-6060- Fixed: Allow window size change at initialization phase
Issue-6067- Fixed: Bob: Don’t create tasks for files in excluded folders
Issue-6052- Fixed: Bob: Asset cache: Added optional user and password to remote cache access
Issue-6074- Fixed: Removed Spine support from engine
Issue-6081- Fixed: NE: Added JNI thread attach/detach struct and LoadClass to dmSDK in