Defold 1.2.188 has been released

Sorry, I screenshotted the wrong file - it’s in /assets/editor/resources/templates/template.spinemodel.

I tried using both main and 1.0.3. Update: Removing the templates folder on a local copy (with the extension dependecny removed) worked, iOS built a nice .ipa.

I was using main

1 Like

Could it be that the material is undefined, and the editor then defaults to builtin?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking that too.
I did find a reference in spine_ddf.proto (which is a file I need to keep in the editor for a while until we can have custom GUI nodes as well)

Fixing that reference should be easy I hope.

However, I’m more concerned that I don’t see the “Add .spinemodel” and “Add .spinescene” in my editor.

I’m working on that right now.

2 Likes

@russelkgd @totebo Please try out extension-spine 1.0.4 which has a fix for the template files. it also fixes the missing context menu.

And, I’m guessing it will fix your current problem too (I’ve also pushed that (possibly redundant) path fix to the CI and you’ll get a new editor version in a few minutes)

3 Likes

Looks like missing context menu is fixed.

Bundling the project right now…

Update: The same error appeared again. But I will restart Editor and will try again.

2 Likes

Looks like it wasn’t redundant)
After editor update, everything is working fine.

2 Likes

Ah, great news!

Thanks a lot for your patience (and testing)!

5 Likes

Could you try to build using 1.2.184 without adinfo extension (but everything else as you did before)? It seems like @britzl found something. I think your case is related.

After updating the editor and Spine extension all is well again; Spine context menus, CMD+B and bundling are all working perfectly. :partying_face: Massive thanks, I appreciate the super quick fixes.

I reverted the project and tried to CMD+B with Defold 2.1.184. The UnityAds errors still happen with or without adinfo I’m afraid.

1 Like

@Mathias_Westerdahl : great move to come up with sys.serialize() / sys.deserialize()! I had been missing a fast function like that!

Makes life easier, thanks :o)

4 Likes

Amazing work! Thanks guys! May I ask what spine editor version does the external runtime support now? Can we start playing animations in different tracks with this new update?

It’s still the same old version. But what we are working on now is support for the latest version of Spine. The new version will use the official spine runtime instead of our own custom version so it will be much easier to keep it updated.

6 Likes

Exciting stuff. Thank you!

This is awesome. Found the source of those glitchy looping animations with Richard Bates. We are thinking in https://github.com/defold/defold/blob/dev/engine/rig/src/rig.cpp around line 540+ specifically for his case 544, the values should default to 0 rather than doing nothing. I’m sure with the future version of spine, we won’t have to manually add 0 keys or slight amounts of rotation to our animations. Very excited.

1 Like

Two things I just noticed:

Adding Spine models in GUI is missing a nice icon:

There doesn’t seem to be a Rive component for GUI. Is this something that might be added? Being able to use it in the GUI would be a great feature.

Correct, we currently have no real API for adding new types to the GUI.
This is something that is planned for the new Spine extension. And once that’s in place, we can use that API for the Rive extension as well.

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks.

I’ve started using Rive in earnest, here are a couple of Rive > Defold discrepancies:

The rendering is different, most notably anti aliasing and gradients.

Rive:

Defold:

Did I reconfigure something incorrectly, or is this something that might be improved in the future?

Another thing I noticed is that if a Rive scene contains multiple animations, animations that don’t use certain transforms inherit these keyframes from the other animation. For example, if a new completely static animation is created, this will inherit all animations from other animations unless a static key is added to all layers which are animated in the other animations. A bit hard to explain! This only happens in Defold, not the Rive editor.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong.

The extension currently lacks anti aliasing. This will be worked on in the future, most likely after we’ve switch to a different rendering technique (using regular meshes, like Spine).

As for the gradients, we’re in the process of implementing it. A first step is implementing uniform array,s which will arrive in the next release.

As for the animation issue, I’d be really happy if I could get an example file to test with.
In Rive’s source code, there are a two other previewer’s I’d like to compare with in order to figure it out.

3 Likes