Defold 1.2.161 has been released

Defold 1.2.161

This sprint we’ve fixed some stability issues regarding Http requests and Ipv6.

We are also working on updating our internal SSL library to be able to further improve the Http requests to sites with newer ciphers.

We fixed an old issue where the tilemap layers couldn’t be interleaved with regular sprites.
It might be good to double check your Z values again now.

The 2D physics shapes can now be flipped, just like sprites, by using physics.set_hflip(url, flip) and physics.set_vflip(url, flip).

The Android DNK has been updated to use r20. This means that we now use clang++ (previously g++) to build the engine.
This shouldn’t affect your extensions, we’ve already tested with the most popular ones, but if you encounter any issues, pleas let us know.

Engine

• #4368 - Added: Added physics.set_hflip() and physics.set_vflip()

• #4345 - Added: Added tilemap.set_visible() to show/hide layers

• #4363 - Added: Added support for scalar division for vector3 and vector4

• #4341 - Fixed: C-Ares DNS lookup crash on reboot

• #4311 - Fixed: sys.get_ifaddrs() results now always have MAC addresses

• #4367 - Fixed: Fix bug with fullscreen in Firefox

• #4234 - Fixed: Upgrade Android NDK to r20

• #4316 - Fixed: Tilemap regions now batch like regular sprites

• #4339 - Fixed: http.request() fails when starting disconnected

• #2620 - Fixed: Better texture packing of atlases

Editor

• DEFEDIT-4190 - Fixed: The “~” character now works with all keyboard layouts on Linux
  • DEFEDIT-4309 - Fixed: Collision shapes are now rendered properly in 3D
22 Likes

I would really love some “Check for updates” button to force Editor to search for available updates, as the current “Update available” looks delayed for me - 3h ago you are posting about a release and I still can’t update from Editor :confused: I’ve been dying to check if fixing http requests conclude in fixed Playfab login. I could be at least informed whether the update is really not available or no.

1 Like

Editor release was delayed a bit, building now so should be available in a few minutes, sorry about this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tilemaps are broken in this release.
Some parts of single layer tilemap sometimes rendered, sometimes not rendered (depends of tilemap size and design), etc. I am unable to describe it more accurate, because it looks like chaos.

3 Likes

Ok, sorry about that. I’ll have a look at that first thing in the morning.

2 Likes

@dmitriy I cannot reproduce it given the layout you gave in the video, would you mind posting a small repro case for this?

1 Like

I’ll try. This is not easy due to complex setup.
Another bug, in 1.2.161 tilemaps in editor does not move together with its gameobject.

1 Like

Thx!
Yes, noticed that other bug as well, we’ll get on top of that too!

I think I found the issue. Please see the attached project. Try adding & removing “Label” component(s) to the “root” gameobject in the “player” collection and then see what happens.
Desktop game.zip (640.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thx, I can reproduce it here now as well!

Still “http result: -1 socket result: -5”

We’re still working on the SSL handshake upgrade. It will be released in 1.2.162

5 Likes

Please note that this:

function update()
	msg.post("@render:", "draw_line", { start_point = vmath.vector3(), end_point = vmath.vector3(100, 100, 0), color = vmath.vector4(1) })
end

also affects (badly) the rendering of the tilemap in 1.2.161.

1 Like

I have now found the issue, and I am working on a fix.

The bug is related to a miscalcuation on how many render entries the tilemap needs.
A workaround in the meantime is to add one or more empty layers to the tilemap to compensate for that. (Worked in the example you provided)

4 Likes

Its worked, thanks. In my case, 2 and 3 empty layers fixed the issue.

4 Likes

So many nice things came together for this update! Vector division is definitely an unexpected bonus.

2 Likes

https://github.com/defold/extension-gpgs has broken

2 Likes

We will push a fix to the extension later today or tomorrow. This change uncovered a bug. We need to add/change an include in the extension.

3 Likes

Wow!! 1 draw call for my stupid 128x128 test map!

7 Likes