Defold 1.2.161 has been released

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

My tilemaps are working but I did have to increase the tilemap.max_count project setting, which I believe is new but doesn’t appear to be documented or in any patch notes (nor tilemap.max_tile_count)

4 Likes

Thanks Connor. We will update the docs today.

3 Likes

Hello guys. I have an issue with Android.
With previous version (1.2.160) my game works well on android, with 1.2.161 it crashes on start.
I have opened an issue on GitHub with more infos:

Please take a look at it.

I answered in the issue you raised. We need some additional info.

Can’t load my level after this release. I just tried to build my project as it was and got an error:
Assertion failed: end - begin <= (intptr_t)render_context->m_RenderListSortIndices.Remaining(), file ..\src\render\render.cpp, line 203

This could be tilemap related perhaps. @Mathias_Westerdahl

It might very well be.please try one of the proposed fix executables to see if that helps?

No idea how to use it (I use Editor 2). I’ll wait for fix, just had to be sure that this issue is known :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Well, if you would bundle for windows/osx first, you can then put the executable in that bundle and run this executable instead.

1 Like

Ty for guide, but result is same :frowning:

1 Like

Ok, could you post a minimal repro case I can use to debug this?

Oh dear, my game now looks like a kaleidoscope. Definitely time to check out the z values. Some of them are missing entirely, wonder what that’s all about.

Edit: After a lot of tinkering I’ve narrowed it down to two issues I didn’t see in the previous release of Defold:

• When showing a large number of tilemaps the IDE player crashes intermittently.
  • Tilemaps flicker on and off (even with three dummy layers in each tilemap), with no errors in the console.

My settings for Tilemap are Max Count 128 and Max Tile Count 16000. I finished this game in May, so I’m just exporting to publish now :sob:. With luck I won’t have to refactor the entire tilemap system!

We have a bug with tilemaps that will be fixed in the next release. We’re sorry about that.

1 Like

Fantastic! Is this likely to fix the flickering and crashes?

Yes

Maybe. Now that tilemap layers are interleaved with other things out could potentially result in z-fighting and flicker, but it could also be part of the bug.

I was able to fix the z issue, but the flickering is tilemaps showing/disappearing seemingly randomly, so I don’t think it’s to do with z ordering (all visual objects should be within the -1 to 1 range).

For now, I’ve installed an older version, which works great without any issues.

2 Likes

Hello again guys :wave:
@britzl
i would want to know if my issue was a real issue and if you are working on it, just to know… good work to all :slightly_smiling_face:

I answered in the GitHub ticket

1 Like

Here’s a bleeding edge alpha build of the Editor and engine, with fixes for the tilemap issues.
Please try it out and let us know if you have additional issues.

It’s a preview of the release that is scheduled for monday (1.2.162).

NOTE: Don’t replace your old installation. Install it with a different name,
e.g. “Defold_1.2.162_alpha” or similar.

NOTE: Don’t update it, since it will then replace the engine to the latest release one, and you’ll get the old issues back.

OSX
Win64
Linux64

3 Likes