Console on compiled program (DEF-1774) (SOLVED)

Just wanted to quickly ask if the console on a compiled program will disappear when you have no print statements that output to the console. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

What do you mean exactly? The Windows release target second window or?

2 Likes

Have you tested this on a compiled program yet, or are you basing this on the behavior of the quick debug build? I’d imagine that the non-debug bundle wouldn’t have a console window on OS X or Windows - I can confirm that there isn’t anything like this on OS X at least, but I haven’t ran the editor on Windows or Linux yet.

1 Like

I’ve tested it a compiled program. my theory is that the console opens in the background because of the print() statements needing somewhere to output to

1 Like

Hello! This is a known issue on Windows (DEF-1774), it’s hopefully something we’ll get to soon. Is this something which is presenting a problem for you at the moment?

1 Like

it’s not presenting a problem at all thanks. It’s more just for aesthetics and at the moment the game runs in fullscreen. I think it is something to do with using print() statements to debug since I don’t recall it appearing before then

Great! Its in our “next” backlog and should be picked up as soon as someone has some spare time during a sprint, but this not assigned (or guaranteed) a specific release version.

2 Likes

DEF-1774 was solved in Defold 1.2.96: Defold 1.2.96 has been released