Black Bars on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+

Hey everyone! I am trying to render my project to either of my devices, the iPhone 6 (750x1334) or the iPhone 6+ (2208x1242). I have added placeholder images for all the launch_images however no matter the device, I can’t seem to get rid of the black bars to either sides in landscape mode.

I read that another user was having issues with the iPhone 6+, and there was a bug created for it, however I was wondering if this was a problem with all iOS devices? Or if I am missing a setting? All in all, is dev testing on an iOS device not possible without the black bars at the moment?

Thank you all in advance for the feedback!

0 Likes

Hmm, it should work. It works for me. I simply created two ordinary .png files of the correct sizes.
Then I tested it with both an iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ and it worked.

And here are the .png files I tested with:

750x1334:

2208x1242

0 Likes

Thanks for the images! I copied them and used them in my project files, however on both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ it still happens to be compiling with the black bars.

Here is iPhone 6+ with the details from my game.project (I include just the 1 because the image is almost identical and I only have privileges to upload 1 image atm) :

Thanks again for the help!

0 Likes

I also thought it might be important to see my display settings :

0 Likes

Ah, found that previous issue you mentioned: (iOS dev app has low resolution on iPhone 6+ (DEF-1721) (SOLVED))

And, indeed, that old bug is still there, I’m afraid. I just verified it.

What I tested was bundling the app into an .ipa and ran it. Sorry for the confusion!

2 Likes

I thought this might have been the case. It is not a big deal as I can definitely do all my development and testing with the black bars, I just wanted to be sure that things are functioning as desired in “full screen”.

I will test out the alternate app bundling solution. If it works then it is definitely a good enough solution for me to test any screen-related changes every so often!

Thanks a ton for your help, I really appreciate it!

3 Likes