ZeroBrane doesn't handle .script files

I decided to try and use the ZeroBrane IDE as recommended in the Debugging manual, but can’t work out how to have it recognise .script files. If I rename a .script file to .lua then it is processed properly:

Syntax highlighting, function outline (one of the main reasons I want to use it!) etc all work but Defold doesn’t like it. With a normal .script file Defold works but ZeroBrane doesn’t like it:

So is there some way I can configure Defold to accept .lua or ZeroBrane to accept .script? Alternatively if the Defold text editor had a function outline and let me turn off the autocomplete then I could just use that :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have an answer to how to make it recognise the .script files, but on the off chance you haven’t heard, we now have an integrated debugger in Editor 2
Perhaps you have tried it already?

A function outline seems like a good feature request. Please feel free to add it to the editor 2 issues

1 Like

Yh I updated to Editor 2 yesterday to debug something complex (I’ve been print debugging up to now) but I really don’t like the autocomplete and I’m about to do a huge refactor so I’m looking for something with function outline.

1 Like

Looks like there’s already an issue raised https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/276

1 Like

Solved! How to use Notepad++ with Editor 2

2 Likes