Ho ho ho
We’ve just shipped the first version of an in-editor debugger for editor 2, available in the latest update!
This is the initial release of a quite big piece of functionality, and while there are lots of things we still want to do with it, we believe that it is now in a state that can provide a lot of value and benefit from more real-world usage.
As always, we are really interested in and appreciative of your feedback, so if you give it a go and find issues or have feature requests, please report them as usual on editor2-issues.
- One-click, zero-config “Run project with debugger”
- Supports attaching to and debugging remote target on device
- Inspect call stack
- Inspect variables, including diving into tables
- Evaluate arbitrary lua code at breakpoint
10 second crash-course:
- To run your project with the debugger: select “Debug > Start with Debugger” (or F5)
- To place a breakpoint: Click to the right of the line number in the code editor gutter (or F9).