Why is the update speed too fast? (DEF-1785) (SOLVED)

Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll try them out although I’m still very new to the engine. I have just been learning from the example projects so far. By the way, I tried a complete reinstall of Defold but that didn’t help either; every sample game runs too fast to be playable.

1 Like

I have that problem every time I install a new version because my graphics driver has vsync turned off by default, so I need to turn it on manually for each new dmengine.exe version

2 Likes

That is a likely cause, we don’t have any software throttling of the frames yet and rely completely on the vsync. This needs to be fixed of course.

1 Like

I’ve created a ticket for this: DEF-1785

2 Likes

OK I’ll try vsync. It sounds like that will fix it. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

waiting for the bug fixed

1 Like

Yep that was the problem. I had recently reinstalled my graphics drivers so I had set the wait for vertical retrace setting to on again. Thanks all!

2 Likes

I’ve updated my graiphic card drivers and issue disappeared

2 Likes

I think I have the same problem. In the example of the tutorial, everything happens very quickly.

windows 7 x64, nvidia 368.39

We haven’t solved the root cause of this yet. Have you tried updating your graphics driver?

1 Like

Updating the driver helped. Tnx

1 Like

I have to update and DEOLD and after all the animation is very fast moving. In the example in the project. I can only have specific animations to reduce the frequency of update options?

Hi @spacestark! Perhaps you could ask your question again in english?

4 Likes

yes, sorry)

1 Like

The comments above suggests that this might be fixed by turning on vsync for your monitor/graphics driver. Have you tried this?

I think no. Maybe I just do not understand the process. It seems to me that all the animation and movement themselves frog 2 times faster than they should be. not as much as in the video above, but not as smooth as it should be

Now I am trying to record a video. laptop became slow down and play has been almost comfortable. if I had a 2-fold decreased FPS. I tried to change it to “game.project name” but nothing changed … in all the examples process of the game is clearly under acceleration 2 times

I believe you have to find a setting for your graphics driver or monitor in your control panel which is related to “vsync”. Have you located such a setting on you computer? Maybe @Johan or @madeyes knows where to find it?

I found this option, but nothing has changed … I tried to file “name game.project” lower FPS from 60 to 30 games and had very fast tb. Then I tried it with 60 fps to 90 fps to increase, but the game still goes a little fast. There are ideas for testing?

What I need to do is going in the nVidia control panel and under “Manage 3D-settings” add a setting for dmengine.exe (I need to redo it each time Defold is updated as the folder for dmengine.exe is new each time) and turn off VSync.

2 Likes