OS arch amd64
OS name Windows 10
OS version 10.0

engine\glfw\lib\win32\win32_window.c 1102 line
wc.hCursor = LoadCursor( NULL, IDC_ARROW ); // Load arrow pointer
wc.hbrBackground = NULL; // (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH);
wc.lpszMenuName = NULL; // No menu
wc.lpszClassName = _GLFW_WNDCLASSNAME;

This will solve the problem of reform,In fact, I also submitted the same modification for godot, because it takes longer to initialize vulkan, and the default white background window is more obvious

3 Likes

Could you make a pull request on git for this?

https://github.com/defold/defold

https://github.com/defold/defold/blob/dev/engine/glfw/lib/win32/win32_window.c#L1102

2 Likes

Of course, I’ve submitted a pull request
https://github.com/defold/defold/pull/6168

5 Likes

I think everyone is focusing on the “color” of Windows, but the more fundamental problem for me is that Windows turns on and off again in a short period of time. At this time, the taskbar also works strange. I attached the video above.

To be fair, that is the title of the topic. :slight_smile:

The window opening twice is strange. I tested my games and it seems to happen with newer builds (1.2.188) but not older builds (1.2.177) so maybe something was done at some point to make it happen as a side effect.

You could go through the releases and test older builds until you find one where it doesn’t happen? Then the code changes from that version could make it obvious of a possible cause.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since this problem occurred, so I thought there would be no difference depending on the version, but I’ll try it right away.

2 Likes

Yes, please try some older versions. It could be the update to OpenGL 3.1 in 1.2.181.

4 Likes

1.2.176 version works normal. However, errors related to Java do occur.

1 Like

But if it’s a problem in the engine, I have no idea why this problem only happens to me. :joy:

It’s not only you. It’s a problem on Windows on newer versions of the engine.

Big Klondike - Classic Solitaire on Steam

This game for example has the issue apparent for me. The window appears to open twice quickly. While games on older engine builds don’t have the problem.

1 Like

I hope we can solve this problem soon… :frowning_face:

There are currently two PRs with work to address this issue, neither is done yet:

It is worked on, but not fixed yet. I recommend that you follow the progress of these PRs and comment and ask questions there.

2 Likes

Does the work bar move the same as me when you play your game?

Will it take some time to solve the problem of window opening twice?

Correct, we currently have no estimate when this will be resolved.

At least it seems true that it is an internal engine problem.(maybe opengl or Java) The reason is that other Windows computers that I have cause the same problem.