Webview in landscape orientation (DEF-1973) (SOLVED)

I see that webviews have been added for iOS and Android builds, which is great! However, I have a landscape only build, and the webview only takes up about 3/4 of the screen. It looks pretty bad:

Is there a way to get the webview to cover the whole horizontal space? Will there be in the future? Thank you!

Ah, yes, that looks a bit bad yes. We have discussed adding support for multiple webviews and the ability to specify their exact size, but I don’t know if/when we will get around to implementing it. It’s nice to hear that you plan to use the webview component though since that makes it more important for us to fix any issues related to them.

@JCash, what are our plans for this?

Edit: I found a ticket related to this: DEF-1973

1 Like

Like @britzl says, there are plans for extending the functionality, but the question is when we can get to it :slight_smile:

@Justin_H, what platform is the screen shot from? Does it behave like that on both iOS and Android?

@JCash, that screenshot is from iPad, will check on Android later and let you know.

The ability to change position and size of a webview was released in Defold 1.2.134 using webview.set_position(id, x, y, width, height)

1 Like