Visual glitches with varying causes

So I’m trying to utilize a sort of diegetic HP Bar system in my game, where parts of enemy ships scale their color to their HP, switching from green to red. While this works just fine for one enemy, I’ve ran into an issue with the newest enemy I added where a bar, seemingly tied to the red tint of the enemy, is appearing when it’s hit:

Additionally, and this is harder to see, a faint set of purpleish lines are appearing off some parts of the assets that aren’t something I’ve drawn in (arrows added to point them out):

This used to not be an issue, and it was actually less severe when I started trying to get a grasp of the cause.The only thing that changed was I added more images and animations to the atlas file and set them to the sprite, I can only imagine I must be overloading the game object or the rendering script or something. Has anyone ran into this kind of issue before?

Are you scaling the game object? My guess is that you are seeing texture bleeding. Increasing the extruder border option of the atlas should solve it.

3 Likes

That’s it! It was set to 2, increasing it to 4 fixed the problem. Thank you!