Viewport or camera guideline?

Is there some sort of way of knowing where to place items for like a hud or something? Or at least making sure if I’m making a game that is simply one screen that I don’t place items outside of the camera?

Until we get the ability to draw in the viewport with editor scripts / script properties / ability to make custom components, it’s not possible to see the camera for 3rd party camera setups. So you will have to guess if you are using a 3d camera. For 2d camera you can put a blank GUI in your collection to know the bounds.

Ideally we would be able to do something like Blender

2 Likes

Hmm…blank GUI or even a background that fits the dimensions, yeah, good idea. That’ll work. Thanks for the idea. Yeah I’m doing 2D by the way.

Also I’ve been coming back and forth to the engine for a while now so I keep forgetting how to use things and stuff but I’ve got a carefully planned project in mind this time so I hope to be sticking around for a while. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use an empty Gui. Once you add it to your collection it draws a frame with the dimensions of your game resolution.

5 Likes