Very strange Playfab, Nakama, Fmod issues

Hi!

It seems to me that the playfab example is not working. I have just downloaded it. When I load the project I get the error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Unknown from the editor. Moreover when I run it then it is stuck in “waiting for connection…” and if I press “more info” I see:

Listening on interfaces:
fe80::18a9::8831::7f74::be73

Any help?

And same problems with the Nakama example. It seems that the editor is not loading the full project…

EDIT: something very strange is happening… the same problem also for fmod… error in the editor and waiting when run. What am I doing wrong? I remember I have already run these examples with no issues in the past.

Please help!

I just build the Namaka and it works for me. It seems to me there is something blocks the network.
Do you have firewall which might block access to https://build.defold.com (for fmod) and 182.168.1.6(general- your local IP) ?

No, at all. Never had.
I think the problem is in the editor, it does not load the full project. There are a lot of file missing in the project.

How do you know that?

What is your Log file say? (Help -> Show Logs -> latest file)

In the Assets window I don’t see the file game.project (for example) and I see in the project directory that there is a game.project file (of course).

Help -> show logs -> the project I just opened.

Please note that each time I open any of these projects I always get the error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Unknown from the editor.

This is weird. It should open the logs folder. Log files are in:

• Windows: C:\Users\ **Your Username** \AppData\Local\Defold
  • macOS: /Users/ **Your Username** /Library/Application Support/ or ~/Library/Application Support/Defold
  • Linux: ~/.Defold

Can you check this folder please, it should be there?

I’m totally lost here…
Is this may be related to read-write access/permissions?

Found the logs. I opened once more the fmod example and this is the first error in the editor log:

2020-07-03 18:47:12.444 16513 [Thread-24] ERROR org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS - xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Then there many many more lines…

I am using Mac. Does xcrun is a reference to XCode? I never installed XCode and I have launched Fmod in the past without any issue.

Not sure if xcode is required (since I always have). Yes, this is related to xcode tools. But I have doubt this may be a problem about the git.
You may try this if you like:

I think @JCash has a better answer to this.

Thanks for your answer and for the link. Very strange that now I need XCode… I do tested the fmod extension since I have always planned to is it. I do remember Defold making sounds! :slight_smile:

I will wait for an answer from @JCash then.

Again my thanks for your help!

$ xcode-select --install

You’re welcome.
Just for an info; this is not going to install entire xcode. It is for installing Xcode Command Line Tools

Ah! I will try soon then!

Since the error points the org.eclipse.jgit you can also try to remove .git related files and folder from project. This may do the trick. But of course this is not a proper solution.

I don’t understand… I have downloaded the fmod example from git. How may the fmod example work properly? In general I have no problem running Defold. Indeed I am continuing coding something else… as always… :slight_smile:

I’m a bit at a loss as well, but yeah, for macOS and iOS certain tools such as codesign is needed. Have your recently updated macOS? Also the command line tools provided by xcode include things such as git support. And I believe the built in git support in the editor calls out to os provided git commands if they exist. If macOS or xcode has been updated you need to agree to xcode terms and conditions again before you can use any command line tools provided by xcode.

I have done

xcode-select --install

and after installation

sudo xcode-select --reset

and now the xcode error seems gone. But still I get this error from the editor:

[JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR editor.error-reporting - {:line 110}
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at editor.app_view$refresh_app_title_BANG_.invokeStatic(app_view.clj:1346)
at editor.app_view$make_app_view$fn__46948.invoke(app_view.clj:1458)
at editor.ui$__GT_timer$fn__13986$fn__13987.invoke(ui.clj:1923)
at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:22)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)

And still I may see that the project is not fully loaded.

Can you please try and close Defold, remove the .internal folder of the project and open the project again?

This is what I see in the fmod folder:
I don’t see the .internal folder of the project…

Ok, and when you open that project in Defold it looks incomplete? Is it only the game.project file that seems to be missing?

I would say that almost nothing has been loaded, only the builtins. Here it is: