Turn off push notifications?

I’m getting this error when submitting to the iOS app store:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. …

The thing is, I don’t want push notifications in my app. Is there a way in Defold to disable the request for this permission?

I’m not in front of a computer right now so I can’t give you a super detailed answer. What you need to is to provide a custom Info.plist file in game.project under iOS settings. The template used when bundling for iOS can be found inside the bob.jar command line tool. Download it from d.defold.com unzip and search inside the archive for the file. Make the necessary modifications and point to the modified file in game.project.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I have to dig into that package to find the proper Info.plist template but I feel like that should work. Maybe as a future improvement this could be a check box in the game.project file?

It should be noted that this is just a warning and won’t affect your app submission so you can safely ignore it

3 Likes