Triangular collision shape

A triangular collision shape would really increase the flexibility of making a collision object a good fit for a wide variety of overall shapes.

My current project has a triangular spaceship and it’s tricky to make up that shape with circles and rectangles.

5 Likes

+1 to this! I’m in the exact same situation. Supporting convex polygon collision shapes would make defold so much more flexible. Plus, unless Box2D has been severely stripped down they already exist and work, it’s just a matter of adding access to them in the editor. (uneducated guessing here)

Is this feature planned?

It is actually possible to create already, but the process isn’t as user friendly as adding other types of collision shapes. You can create a file with extension .convexshape and add that as a collision shape. Some additional details here: Does defold support only three shapes for collision? (SOLVED)

Now this is obviously not the way we want it to work. It would be nice if there was an editor for convex shapes. Maybe and Editor 2 feature @Erik_Angelin, @Ragnar_Dahlen, @Ragnar_Svensson?

1 Like

Ah. Heh, yeah that is pretty cumbersome. It also doesn’t seem to refresh properly. I have to rename the file for it to update. Nice to know it’s possible though, thanks!

1 Like

Added issue DEFEDIT-660 for this.

4 Likes