Translating Defold docs

My Polish is rusty but I agree “w Defold” sounds weird and I’d probably say “w Defoldzie”.

3 Likes

@Alex_8BitSkull, do you speak Polish? :smiley: Awesome! And yeah, for me it’s also natural, but I was always wondering if people speaking English natively find it disturbing to conjugate proper nouns - and so is the case with many proper nouns from english - as the word becomes more common it probably gets a “ponglish” version naturally - like “na fejsbuku” (“on facebook”), “na dżimejlu” (“in Gmail”) :smiley: so let’s populate the word Defold among polish devs :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes, a little. My parents are Polish so while I was born and raised in Sweden I did learn to speak Polish as well. But I have lost a lot of the language because I hardly use it anymore (basically only when I speak to babcia or my cousins!).

3 Likes

This is very neat, @Alex_8BitSkull! Pozdrów w takim razie rodziców, babcię i kuzynów! :wave: I’m trying to learn my children both Polish and English, it will surely help them in the future :smiley:

2 Likes

Another PR:

This time I made Introduction, Building blocks, Animation and App lifecycle - so I think those are the elementary one :smiley:

3 Likes

me in some i left english and i put () the greek to be both. also this which you say up i dont translate as i saw are links and images and also i try keep the words of defold , also i dont translate at all things of code Thanks

1 Like

i done introduction and building blocks, and addressing, but didnt know what do next so i read here you done this so i will do too, maybe @britzl give some more guide for which path to do choose so to go one after other. In site like has the menu in left if we translate in the order of site one by one menu? is ok? thanks keep up the good work @Pawel :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s ok :smiley: I started alphabetically, but indeed, it’s better to keep some logical order - because some people might already start to use it :wink:

1 Like

me i think right now i am the only greek :smile: but i use it for sure

Yes, according to Google Analytics there is some traffic on the Polish pages. Not much (yet!).

2 Likes

of greek is one click mine yesterday :smile: but in future i hope there is …

Not necessarily! In the last 30 days we’ve had several users from Greece visiting the forum:

1 Like

greeks are coming at last !!! :smile:

@britzl in facebook is better make a group page? for example Defold for greek Devs Group ? or to be a simple page? thanks

in page says community so better make page thanks

All the pages were added except of the introduction page:

Is there a reason for this?

i think group is better yes? to be public all to write ? thanks

ok i done group Defold Game Devs Ελληνική Κοινότητα !!! :smiley: thanks now work to do

1 Like

It’s there now: https://defold.com/pl/manuals/introduction/

There is a delay between merging the PR and the updates becoming available on the website. The documentation repo will trigger a rebuild of the site repo which triggers GitHub Pages to regenerate and push a new version of the site.

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344314493370114/

i will make a topic ask the people of forum to join ? is ok by you @britzl?