Tilemap Editor feature to cut/remove tile(s)

As a response to this Reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/defold/comments/1dqcl45/can_you_move_tiles_in_the_map_editor/

I created an issue on github regarding adding possibility to “move” tiles in tilemap (or cut, delete tile(s)):

Here’s the informative part of the response for other forum visitors (or future me :smiley: ):

Currently, the Tilemap editor in Defold is still lacking a lot of useful features, BUT recently the team started updating it a lot, for example there is now option to rotate tiles or select multiple tiles in pallete and use all of them like a brush:

Added ability to rotate and flip the brush when painting in tilemap.
Now it’s possible to flip and to rotate the brush when editing tile map using the following hotkeys:

• X - flip the brush horizontally
  • Y - flip the brush vertically
  • Z - rotate the brush 90° clockwise

Added the ability to select a tile region in the palette map as a brush
Now it is possible to select a few tiles in the palette as a brush.”

Although, if you are looking for some more features regarding tilemaps, you can use:

2 Likes

Do you mean something like this? :blush:

4 Likes

And small bonus:

5 Likes

Yes! Is it available already? Or will be released soon? :smiley:

I’ll prepare the PR tomorrow and we will see how the review goes. If everything is fine, it will be included in 1.9.1 (beta next week).

7 Likes

And it’s merged!

Thank you for that well made feature request. Things get much easier when the issue the developer is trying to solve is well explained.

11 Likes

tilemap editor become almost a complete solution, thank you @AGulev

5 Likes

What is missing now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Auto tiling, animated cells, custom properties…
(At least, that’s stuff that I’ve wanted for my editing)

8 Likes

I couldn’t resist and made one more improvement:

• Change the mode of the cursor independently of the operation mode (now the user sees what mode they are in before clicking the mouse button).
  • Added a new color for selection mode (blue) so the user clearly understands where the brush disappears (the brush is hidden in selection modes).

I hope it will be a bit more convenient to use now.

8 Likes

This is too much for a release, could someone please stop @AGulev :smiley:

5 Likes

5 Likes

animated cells:kissing: