Tile editor questions

Hello there,
I’m a new user of Defold, I started very recently and have several ‘first approach’ questions so forgive me if this can feel trivial:
About the editor –

• Is there a way to see the coordinates of the cursor in the editor of the tilemap? For example if the mouse is pointing to tile 32x32 etc…

• Similarly, is there a way to set up the borders units to the length of the tiles?

Like, those
    what are 100, 200, 300 etc… are standing for?

• Is there a way to draw rectangles or straight lines in the tile editor? Or using a ‘Fill’ tool to fill a closed area with a tile?

• Is it possible, when creating a collection, to create it with the same grid size of the imported tilemap? Also to add: it is possible to ‘snap to grid’ the tilemap and the object in the collection grid?

Yes, it’s in the upper left corner:

Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 22.55.58

Pixels.

No I’m afraid not. Once you have some tiles placed you can select multiple tiles though and use those as a brush.

No, I’m afraid not!

1 Like

Thanks for the answer!
For the cell coordinates… is there a way to toggle it?
Because I can’t see it:

Any update for this? I tried looking in settings and in the manuals but couldn’t find anything :thinking:

Strange. Which OS are you using?

I’m on Windows 10 (x64 bit)

Thanks. I do not have any idea why it isn’t working. Please create an issue on GitHub!