Speech Bubble and zooming camera

I’m newbie at Defold. I’m trying to zoom my camera, but I couldn’t by changing the properties of it
Also, I have another question: I’m trying to make a RPG, but I didn’t get it where I have to start by making speech bubbles and even set it to show when pressing a certain button.

The Orthographic Zoom value will only be used if you also check the OrthoGraphic Projection checkbox.

You can show text using either a Label component (Label text components in Defold) or a GUI text node (Defold GUI text nodes). Use a label if you want the text attached to a game object. Use a GUI text node if you always want the text shown in the same location on the screen.

2 Likes

hello! i have the Orhtographic Projection box checked and it still does nothing.

when i look for the property, i do not get a boolean, but rather this message.

am i missing something? thank you!

The acquire_camera_focus message goes to the camera component itself, not the whole game object like with acquire_input_focus:

msg.post("#camera", "acquire_camera_focus")
1 Like

Unfortunately that has not worked either.
It connected the same, but i also pulled the same error.

Oops, I forgot you need to do

msg.post("@render:", "use_camera_projection")

as well to use the camera. As for the error, I don’t think getting/setting the orthographic_projection property is supported since it’s not listed as an available property in the camera reference:

2 Likes

hey, you’re right, idk why it is listed here.

using
msg.post("@render:", "use_camera_projection")
makes the whole screen black lol. im sure it has to do with vmath.vector3() . i’ll figure it out…

Now check in the Editor the preview of what the camera sees - it is probably that camera is set at Z position 0 (like most probably everything else), so camera might not see your game.