Some suggestions for Spine in Defold (DEF-1930)

Hi All, I wanted to use Defold for my project that used Spine as the main tool. But because of missing some key features, unfortunately we can not continue with Defold. But we hope in the future version. Defold could be stronger in Spine. and here are some features we wish.

As other spine runtimes, we need at least skeleton that holds the whole thing like spine scene. animation state. that we can get current tracks of the animation. current time, time scale, events, duration, etc. and the animation state would be a property of spine scene attachment. so that we could get and set these things during runtime(by msg,post()).

And for now we can not get information about the attachments of the bones. since the bones are considered as GO, can we treat them as attachments of GO?

Also other issues that already existed. like draw order timeline, weighted mesh, weighted linked mesh, transform timeline, shear timeline, auto setting bounding box as bounding box attachment of bones, etc.

I really love Defold, and its style of coding and I hope defold could add these features. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank your for your feedback on the Spine implementation. I have put all of your feature requests into a single Jira ticket, DEF-1930.

4 Likes

What about shear transformations?
Any chance to get it soon?

Any progress on better spine support?
In particular I’m missing animation tracks to combine animations, a simple way to combine skins, and linked mesh support.
Also all the things in the OP.