[Solved] Spine images being unexpectedly smashed

Hey everyone,

I’ve run into a problem with DragonBones inside of Defold where some of the images are being smashed or distorted. This is happening with two images specifically, the inside left and right hands. This happening with all views the images (or atlas) are associated with. The image appears to be fine in DragonBones as well as in the Defold Atlas. However, on the character appears to be wrong for some reason. This is only happening with the spinemodel and spinescene, when I create a sprite using the image appears as it normally should.

Here some images for context. Ignore the character being in an adult dipper, that will not be how the character appears in the final game.

Here is the character in DragonBones:

Here is the character in Defold:

Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be greatly asperated!

Many Thanks!

I figured it out!

The images got smashed in Defold because they had blank pixels around the outside that I was saving to use for swapping images. These blank pixels are taken out and the image is shrunk on a spinemodel, the position of the image is saved and thus the image is distorted or “smashed”. To fix I had to simply remove the extra blank pixels.

2 Likes

Nice! Happy to see that you solved the problem yourself!

1 Like